Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Indeed.

But nevertheless, they're still two separate clubs with separate finances and interests. They don't share a bank account...

Plus, Bloom isn't 100% owner of USG....legally, the minority shareholders' interests are protected - if any significant transaction occurred at an under (or over) value, then the minority shareholders would potentially have a legal claim.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Excellent.

I do hope we also offer Welbeck another year or 2, and extend Maupay's contract.

For once, in recent years, we could have a summer not worrying about signing a striker. :rock:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It's only 9 pages as BW2 doesn't post much on it for obvious reasons

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I have posted and broke the story this morning.

You are talking rubbish.

Explain the reasons please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very unhappy about this if true. Was outspoken about Watford doing it and not going to be hypocritical and change my mind now, Loaning players is one thing - selling players to yourself is quite another. I know there are no rules being broken but no-one can convince me it looks good.

Should USG let him go to one of our PL rivals instead ?

I'd be seething if that happened. Lol.

Perhaps USG shouldn't sell him to an English club ?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
You've got to hand it to Tony Bloom.

He funds our club, from the academy to the stadium, to the purchase of players, while using the big performance data via his company Starlizard to comb the world for new talent. As if that's not enough, he reduces rival buyers (and therefore cost) for his players, by owning two clubs, switching players between them.

We are very fortunate to have him. Let's all enjoy this fantastic journey.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You have completely missed the point. I am referring to someone selling players to themselves. If we decide to pay £5m from one Bloom club to another, do you think we would take a £10m bid from another club?
Dunno. still can't see why it's that wrong ?

All of football finance is dodgy.

USG have been well looked after and are top of the league, we are paying under real value but there's nothing to stop other clubs having this set up.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You've got to hand it to Tony Bloom.

He funds our club, from the academy to the stadium, to the purchase of players, while using the big performance data via his company Starlizard to comb the world for new talent. As if that's not enough, he reduces rival buyers (and therefore cost) for his players, by owning two clubs, switching players between them.

We are very fortunate to have him. Let's all enjoy this fantastic journey.

This

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Should USG let him go to one of our PL rivals instead ?

I'd be seething if that happened. Lol.

Perhaps USG shouldn't sell him to an English club ?

FFS - how hard is it to get a simple point across on here? I do not like the idea of any and all clubs who use multiple ownerships to manipulate finances. I have no idea if this transaction is anything other than fully legit and knowing Bloom, it probably is. But I have long disliked arrangements such as Udinese and Watford where one club seems to be used a sacrificial lamb for the benefit of another club's FFP. And, for me, this is a step up from using USG to loan players to for work permits or experience in a usual feeder club setup. This is Bloom buying a player from one of his clubs to benefit another whilst transferring money between his investments. It is an arrangement I have always been against and I am not going to change my views just because we benefit from it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
FFS - how hard is it to get a simple point across on here? I do not like the idea of any and all clubs who use multiple ownerships to manipulate finances. I have no idea if this transaction is anything other than fully legit and knowing Bloom, it probably is. But I have long disliked arrangements such as Udinese and Watford where one club seems to be used a sacrificial lamb for the benefit of another club's FFP. And, for me, this is a step up from using USG to loan players to for work permits or experience in a usual feeder club setup. This is Bloom buying a player from one of his clubs to benefit another whilst transferring money between his investments. It is an arrangement I have always been against and I am not going to change my views just because we benefit from it.
Meh the sacrificial lamb argument is slightly hollow when bloom has transformed USG from second division hasbeens to runaway division one leaders.

Everyone's a winner at the moment.

There's far dodgier stuff going on in football than this.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

If we finally land the striker we oh so ****ing obviously need, I am happy with it

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

There's many reasons why it makes perfect sense for Bloom to part own a Belgian club and I dont think its in any way related to anything nefarious with finances at all.

Our model is quite unique, we buy some players who can challenge for first team like Webster, Welbz, Lalana, Veltman but the main business model is stat based moneyball signings, scouring the globe for potential rough diamonds on the cheap but with big potential. Many of whom are not going to meet the high bar for a UK work visa or be ready to waltz into our first team squad. The Belgian league has a lower visa bar and league at a lower level overall. Its probably a fantastic introduction into european football at that slightly lower level with a similar climate to Sussex..... The easier visa requirements have proven to be a big plus with a few of our signings. Bloom/Brighton will also have a direct link to USG rather than indirect to any other loanee club to monitor the progression of all such signings we make.

And in the case of Undav, anybody who is a USG player and has a sparkling season is going to attact interest from a range of other suitors in better leagues, as Deniz has from Bundesliga clubs, I doubt this will happen that often, but when it does, of course it makes sense that we get first refusal. If we hadn't bought Undav now, others would try.

The Watford model (and Watford being more often the Junior partner getting better loan players) is probably more pertinent for other Belgian club fans than ours, and wether fans of Anderlecht etc think its fair we loan them Mitoma, Tau previously etc, than a reflection on Albion.

Blooms priority and first love is obviously Albion. But having a club in the Belgian league has a lot of postive benefits for both clubs imho that arent just financial. They get better players, we get somehere decent to develop moneyball talent with easier visa requirements.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Isn't that how every player sale works though?

What a very strange selective quote. I'm wasting my time as people are solely concentrating on this specific deal rather than the practice as a whole. Not sure why people don't want to see how it could be possible that trading between companies owned by the same individual could result in anti competitive practices.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So a strike force of Maupay, Undav, Welbeck (assuming he signs again), and a returning Zeqiri?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
So a strike force of Maupay, Undav, Welbeck (assuming he signs again), and a returning Zeqiri?

Greedy as it is, I’d still like someone who can run in behind. Undav looks like the one who drops off (like Maupay). Welbeck can run in behind when he’s fit, but someone with pace in the front line (could be Zeqiri I guess) I think would transform our threat.
EDIT: had forgotten about Mitoma, add him as well

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This is looking like the answer (finally) to our striker problems, albeit delayed by 6 months

Can't be can it? I thought we had to spend £30M+ to land a striker and that TB's refusal to pay those sorts of sums was condemning us to relegation battles?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here