Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Agreed. Connolly was given a fair crack, would be good for Ferguson to stay on the fringes of first team, we've got Zeqiri still. No probs if we go for a top top prospect like Nunez, but we have enough squad stocking fillers

Yeh, we've also got Sima and you'd think Tolaj and Ella maybe looking to play senior football before too much longer.

Undav has an unremarkable record and wasn't obviously sought after, also, there's been a lot more noise around his striker partner at USG

I've got no problem with us restocking the u23's and I'd be delighted with a striker signing who is indisputably going into the first team on arrival, but I see little point in signing a fringe player in this position.

I suppose we've got to trust recruitment that they think he'll be more than this and will be a serious contender for a first team striking position.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Very unhappy about this if true. Was outspoken about Watford doing it and not going to be hypocritical and change my mind now, Loaning players is one thing - selling players to yourself is quite another. I know there are no rules being broken but no-one can convince me it looks good.
Why ?

Tony has got them to the top of the bloody league. We are giving them class loan players. Without bloom they would be midtable second division. I'm sure they're pretty happy.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This is looking like the answer (finally) to our striker problems, albeit delayed by 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
https://theathletic.com/news/bright...riker-deniz-undav-from-union-sg/Sf226Kmc6w9g/

His goal & assist record from the past three seasons is really impressive, obviously at a way lower level to where we're at... Hopefully he can make the step up.

There's no mention of a fee in the article, but I can't imagine TB would screw over USG... £15m?

His stats of 18 goals and 9 assists in 24 games so far are excellent. For comparison, Trossard's were 14 goals and 7 assists in 34 games in his last season on the Belgium league before joining us.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What type of striker is he?

He's not particularly tall, but quite a unit and seems to have the ability we've been missing of being in the right place at the right time to put the 6-yard tap-ins away, as well as being capable of more spectacular finishes.

Has a flexing-the-guns pose as a celebration for some reason.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Yeh, we've also got Sima and you'd think Tolaj and Ella maybe looking to play senior football before too much longer.

Tolaj & Ella both older than Ferguson yet behind him in U23 pecking order, Ella doesn’t start ahead of either for the U23’s neither so presume he will be shipped out sooner rather than later.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
https://theathletic.com/news/bright...riker-deniz-undav-from-union-sg/Sf226Kmc6w9g/

His goal & assist record from the past three seasons is really impressive, obviously at a way lower level to where we're at... Hopefully he can make the step up.

There's no mention of a fee in the article, but I can't imagine TB would screw over USG... £15m?

That will be an interesting sale.

Hi Tony, my name is Tony, would you take 10 million for Undav. No Tony, I'll give you 5 million as I dont want to rip myself off. Ok Tony, done.

Is it OK to make the cheque out to myself!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
fee is in excess of €7M according to this belgian journalist. 3k followers and followed by the guy who broke the trossard story

[tweet]1487438713349148676[/tweet]

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
fee is in excess of €7M according to this belgian journalist. 3k followers and followed by the guy who broke the trossard story

[tweet]1487438713349148676[/tweet]

BREAKING: Deniz Undav has already signed with the English @OfficialBHAFC, where he will start working after this season. @UnionStGilloise 'catches' more than 7 million euros from the mother club @hlnsport

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

Hi Tony, my name is Tony, would you take 10 million for Undav. No Tony, I'll give you 5 million as I dont want to rip myself off. Ok Tony, done.

Hold on , Shall we make it 7m, to make look like some serious bartering been done :D

Last edited:

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014

Indeed.

But nevertheless, they're still two separate clubs with separate finances and interests. They don't share a bank account...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Why ?

Tony has got them to the top of the bloody league. We are giving them class loan players. Without bloom they would be midtable second division. I'm sure they're pretty happy.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

You have completely missed the point. I am referring to someone selling players to themselves. If we decide to pay £5m from one Bloom club to another, do you think we would take a £10m bid from another club?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've got a pal with a penchant for Belgian buns and they reckon he's shitehouse :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here