Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely if this was to happen its in the summer. They're top of the league right now. Easy way for Bloom to become disliked by taking their star striker away.
If they win their championship, maybe their star striker would prefer to stay there and play in the CL?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Surely if this was to happen its in the summer. They're top of the league right now. Easy way for Bloom to become disliked by taking their star striker away.

You missed the loan back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yup I totally agree. That and stock piling young players has always been something that hasn’t looked great. If this is true, and with the loans going the other way, it essentially proves USG are our feeder club.

Not exactly a shock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If they win their championship, maybe their star striker would prefer to stay there and play in the CL?

I think you might be underestimating the lure of the Premier League. Getting to the group stage of the CL will usually get you the opportunity to play 4 games against a couple of Europe’s biggest clubs; the Premeir Leagye gives you that every week.

Didn’t seem to put Trossard off joining anyway.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yup I totally agree. That and stock piling young players has always been something that hasn’t looked great. If this is true, and with the loans going the other way, it essentially proves USG are our feeder club.

He's got Piglets Pantry written all over him!

Seriously, he looks similar body shape of Maupay, would be good to get a decent competitor for Maupay and will push him too. Looks very different to Welbz, could this signal taxi for Connolly?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

At the same time, we've loaned them a lot of talented prospects that in part at least is also responsible for their position.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
There’s been much more success with players from the Belgium league transitioning to the PL than compared to the Dutch leagues so could turn out to be a shrewd move given his record and the probable small fee.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Whilst in public they may say different but I believe at least in part this was always the intention.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think you might be underestimating the lure of the Premier League. Getting to the group stage of the CL will usually get you the opportunity to play 4 games against a couple of Europe’s biggest clubs; the Premeir Leagye gives you that every week.

Didn’t seem to put Trossard off joining anyway.

Maybe. And maybe some under-estimate the pull of being a star striker in a CL club. Not sure that 'every week' is valid either - every week includes the likes of Burnley, Watford, Everton, Leeds, etc. :shrug:

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Just wondering but why can they just not loan him to us for a year or two until he is free of their contract?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just wondering but why can they just not loan him to us for a year or two until he is free of their contract?

They could, but what would this achieve? And you’d get a dissatisfied player leaving for someone else at the end of it because he’s being paid 3K a week while all his team mates are in 30-50K?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Whilst in public they may say different but I believe at least in part this was always the intention.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hard to believe it wasn't. Bloom is already heavily emotionally and financially invested in a Premier League football club. What would be the point of investing more of his money into a 2nd tier Belgium team that he'd had no previous association with if it wasn't to benefit the Albion?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not sure we need Maupay, Welbeck and 2 forwards from USG... Let's see if we extend existing contracts anyway.
Enciso going the other way so they won't be too put out in Belgium.

Agreed. Connolly was given a fair crack, would be good for Ferguson to stay on the fringes of first team, we've got Zeqiri still. No probs if we go for a top top prospect like Nunez, but we have enough squad stocking fillers

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
looks like he might be the man then! disappointing to not have him now but understandable as to why, and I'll take having undav ready for next season over a whole summer of pointlessly chasing nunez

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here