Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football as we knew it is back

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Football league today (one game last night) more tomorrow …..30k plus expected at The Stadium of Light ….Sutton playing their first game in the football league etc

A bit of refreshing normality

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Football as we knew it is back.

Yes, I've been watching 'The Big Match Revisited' quite a bit lately!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just had the Fulham/Middlesbrough game on in the background. It looked like the stadium was quite empty, like entire stands were closed. Are fulham restricted in how many they can have, or is this a case of fans not showing up (whether covid fear, standard loss of fan base after relegation, game on tv, poor attendance early season often attributed to summer holidays, etc)?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Just had the Fulham/Middlesbrough game on in the background. It looked like the stadium was quite empty, like entire stands were closed. Are fulham restricted in how many they can have, or is this a case of fans not showing up (whether covid fear, standard loss of fan base after relegation, game on tv, poor attendance early season often attributed to summer holidays, etc)?

One of their stands has been demolished/rebuilt and is currently closed. - The Riverside Stand.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Football league today (one game last night) more tomorrow …..30k plus expected at The Stadium of Light ….Sutton playing their first game in the football league etc

A bit of refreshing normality

Yep, Fulham v Middlesbrough was a decent game and the away fans especially created a decent atmosphere. It’s amazing the difference fans make. I enjoyed that game more than any non Albion PL game last season.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
2-3-5 and no substitutes? No buying fouls or taking one for the team? Inside forwards and wing halves? Centre forwards?

I’m IN!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
SOOO hard to care. Never really got into that paying-the-slighest-interest thing in even one level below wherever we happen to be in any given season. It's all a bit Golden Gordon. IMHO, like

1383039972_9458.jpg

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Was at Portman Road yesterday among a crowd of 21,000. Felt very normal although I still didn’t feel 100% comfortable - wore my mask in the stand all game. Some did, most didn’t.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Gyoekeres equaliser for Coventry.

Bong lucky no VAR in Championship or may well have seen red at end of first half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here