Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] The Hot Dogs of Brighton

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
20210807_131847.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I used to love reading the Football League Review. Happy days (Charles Buchan's Football Monthly was brilliant too) Showing my age now

Think I'm right in saying that although the Football League Review had a nominal cover price of one shilling, it used to come free as an insert (monthly?) In a club's normal matchday programme at no extra charge

*edit* Note to self: check dog-eared collection of programmes from yesteryear to confirm

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wasn't this given free inside the Albion program? There were vouchers to collect to get a League Cup Final ticket. I purchased two tickets for Chelsea v Stoke 1972 final. Having just looked it up I see Gordon Banks was in goal. This then got me thinking 'how many of the '66 team have I seen?'.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Did anyone remove The Football League Review and put it on a separate pile in your bedroom. Controversial but I did.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Can remember being taken to Highbury by my dad, (he was a Gooner), for my first taste of football back in the late 1960's. Walking up to the stadium from Arsenal tube station we passed several guys selling hot dogs from mobile stands, that was about the extent of the catering in those days, the only choice we had, was do you want onions with it?

How times change, we wouldn't be content with that now!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wasn't this given free inside the Albion program? There were vouchers to collect to get a League Cup Final ticket. I purchased two tickets for Chelsea v Stoke 1972 final. Having just looked it up I see Gordon Banks was in goal. This then got me thinking 'how many of the '66 team have I seen?'.

I remember seeing Banksy in the 1972 FA Cup semi final at Villa Park, he was quite an acerbic character on the pitch as l recall, plenty to say for himself.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Slightly off track here but the finest hotdogs in Brighton were the ones sold by O'Hagans on the seafront at the bottom of Middle street (I think) best after a night out on the booze, lovely mmmmmm.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

Remember Bobby Charlton playing for PNE at the Goldstone, think he was player/manager

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Slightly off track here but the finest hotdogs in Brighton were the ones sold by O'Hagans on the seafront at the bottom of Middle street (I think) best after a night out on the booze, lovely mmmmmm.
I’m not sure that they were “the finest” but, in the early 70’s, they were the only food available at 1am on a Sunday morning when the Top Rank Suite chucked out.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Did anyone remove The Football League Review and put it on a separate pile in your bedroom. Controversial but I did.

Mine are still in their original programmes

I can see why you'd do it

The reviews were better than the programmes themselves!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here