Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Boris and coal mining.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Before the OP answers his own thread first, usual political garbage deserves as a serial thread starter the accolade BBC1, weekdays 17:15

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You're not wrong there mate...

Untitled.png

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
What is the problem,if any government wants green/renewable fossilhas to go. As for communities they have sadly long gone well before M/T. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58117044:dunce:

I don’t think for one minute Margaret Thatcher was thinking of green issues when she destroyed the UK’s mining industry. Boris clearly not understanding or showing any empathy for whole communities IS the problem. The man is an insensitive clown, simple!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Before the OP answers his own thread first, usual political garbage deserves as a serial thread starter the accolade BBC1, weekdays 17:15

I miss those tags that used to be at the foot of the thread……’ Must start daily thread’ usually made me smile.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I miss those tags that used to be at the foot of the thread……’ Must start daily POINTLESS thread’ usually made me smile.

I agree

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Who cares any more what he says.

He is an effin liar but people don't care they still vote for him so I am totally embivilent to anything he says now.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I love this quote from someone I was chatting with his week

'Yes, of course Cummings was an egotistical **** with ideas way above his abilities, but at least he was an Egotistical **** with ideas way above his abilities WITH A PLAN' :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Trolley Johnson loves August for a bit of attention seeking, I remember back in 2018 he did his Letterbox Muslim column in the Telegraph. He knew what he was doing, the racists loved it!!

But this stuff on coal mines, who the f**k is he appealing to?

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
Trolley Johnson loves August for a bit of attention seeking, I remember back in 2018 he did his Letterbox Muslim column in the Telegraph. He knew what he was doing, the racists loved it!!

But this stuff on coal mines, who the f**k is he appealing to?

Anybody stupid enough to listen.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
I don’t think for one minute Margaret Thatcher was thinking of green issues when she destroyed the UK’s mining industry. Boris clearly not understanding or showing any empathy for whole communities IS the problem. The man is an insensitive clown, simple!

So you'd rather live in the filthy, sooty, black slum that was England before natural gas was piped into all our homes?

The fantastic mining industries and communities became obsolete almost overnight in Britain and around the world.

That's what humans do - evolve! That's why we currently live in a gigabyte super digital streaming world of data and information and have cast away the ink pens and blotting paper etc of my childhood.

One thing that will never change though - is humans ability to produce garbage!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don’t think for one minute Margaret Thatcher was thinking of green issues when she destroyed the UK’s mining industry.

I'm not so sure about that. Of course, it wasn't the main reason she took on the miners, nor even the secondary reason, but she was fully aware of some of the environmental issues too - she was well ahead of the game compared to most politicians at the time

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I'm not so sure about that. Of course, it wasn't the main reason she took on the miners, nor even the secondary reason, but she was fully aware of some of the environmental issues too - she was well ahead of the game compared to most politicians at the time

So it wasn't about an ideological desire to crush the unions then like she further did when joining forces with Rupert Murdoch to destroy the print unions a couple of years later - or was that to further her green credentials too!

Her dalliance with climate change was luke warm (excuse pun) by 1990 and she went on to reject many of Al Gore's now widely accepted views on climate change and green issues in her memoirs.

So no, I don't think it was about saving the planet...

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
So you'd rather live in the filthy, sooty, black slum that was England before natural gas was piped into all our homes?

The fantastic mining industries and communities became obsolete almost overnight in Britain and around the world.

That's what humans do - evolve! That's why we currently live in a gigabyte super digital streaming world of data and information and have cast away the ink pens and blotting paper etc of my childhood.

One thing that will never change though - is humans ability to produce garbage!

I am making an assumption that your last sentence isn't referring to my post as "garbage" and that you mean mankind's abity to produce garbage.

This idea of soot blackened slums hardly stands either, or that of evolution. The industry was destroyed for political gain, nothing else and the Tories were fortunate to have Arthur Scargill at the fore in the miners Union as he was quite easy to dislike!

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Why are people so sentimental about the days of the three day week, afternoon football matches because they couldn't use the lights, and candles in every home for when the power went off? When if you wanted a telephone installed, you had to wait for months? When the bodies lay unburied and the ambulance union leader said that it was worth someone dying if his members got their pay rise? When riotous assemblies outside a steelworks were the norm, because the people who had killed off their income by refusing to dig up coal wanted to ensure that other people should suffer for their benefit? I realise that some people look back on the seventies with fond affection and wish we could all go back there. I don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here