Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Cashman sold

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Sad to see him go but all the best to the lad. Wonder how much we got for him? i presume he goes with a big sell on clause. He's off to Coventry then to Rochdale on loan for the season. I can't see this mentioned anywhere else on this illustrious board.

Bit of a late Spring Clean?

TNBA

TTF

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sad to see him go but all the best to the lad. Wonder how much we got for him? i presume he goes with a big sell on clause. He's off to Coventry then to Rochdale on loan for the season. I can't see this mentioned anywhere else on this illustrious board.

Bit of a late Spring Clean?

TNBA

TTF

:lol:

He wasn't sold, he was released at the end of last season.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If Rochdale were prepared to take him strange we didnt loan him to them. Surely would have been a no lose situation

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Rochdale were prepared to take him strange we didnt loan him to them. Surely would have been a no lose situation

We weren't looking to do anything with him. We released him - he was without a contract, a free agent. Looks like Coventry are trying to take a leaf out of our book - snap up a promising youngster and lend them out to a lower level. Pretty much a no risk scheme - if he develops and joins their first team, they've got a good player for very little outlawl if he doesn't quite get there, they can sell him on at a profit. Worst case scenario, they pay part of his wages for three years - and we won't be talking huge amounts there, not by professional football standards.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

It would seem that Cashman had grown "stale" at the club, it would appear moving on was felt to be the right thing for all parties - Danny Cashman opens up on Brighton exit, an unfulfilled dream and his next move

"I came into the training ground, I had a meeting with John Morling, Andrew Crofts and Shannon Ruth - it was pretty straight forward.

"They sit you down, say we are going to let you go, they give their reasons why. I think we were all on the same page to be fair.

"I knew it needed to happen, we all came to the same conclusion. I think I grew out of the club, I had been there a long time, it wasn't worth me having another year and playing for the U23s.

"They knew I needed to be in a first-team environment and I knew I did as well. That was the conversation ongoing. You say your goodbyes, you thank them for what you have done because ultimately you would not be the player without them."

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He is a talented player and I hope he carves a career out for himself in professional football.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm hoping that the minnows who are left in the Carabao Cup like Rochdale, Cheltenham, AFC Wimbledon and especially Oldham Athletic are rewarded with money-spinning ties in the third round draw tonight. Never have they needed the revenue as much as now after the coronavirus pandemic. Best of luck to them all.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I'm hoping that the minnows who are left in the Carabao Cup like Rochdale, Cheltenham, AFC Wimbledon and especially Oldham Athletic are rewarded with money-spinning ties in the third round draw tonight. Never have they needed the revenue as much as now after the coronavirus pandemic. Best of luck to them all.

Any of those teams at home would be great.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Coventry loaned him out to Walsall

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here