Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Changes En-Route To The Amex.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For the very first time since our last game pre-Pandemic, versus Wolves, 16 long months or so ago, l made my way to the Amex yesterday. Not for any particular reason, but just to see what was what.

As l slowly made my way along the Lewes Road l started to notice quite a few changes that have taken place since most of us have been away, the Franklin Arms, where l used to regularly have to get off the 25 for an urgent pee, (l'm of an age l'm afraid), is no longer the Franklin Arms, now renamed the Lewes Road Tavern, the Mithras House building work finally appears to have been completed, and even Gully's fish and chip shop is no longer err ... Gully's, but appears to be another fast food take away.

Even upon arrival at the Amex, things seemed to be different, entrance, both the pedestrian entrance, and the Coach Park in Village Way were blocked off my fencing, and the only way in for a mere pedestrian like me, was to dodge under the barrier to the Car Park. The ground itself, as l walked around the outer concourse, seemed down at heel somehow, and in need of a bit of a paint job here and there, and some general TLC.

In fact between alighting from the 25 bus, and entering the club Superstore on the opposite side of the ground l encountered not another living soul. The Marie Celeste all over again. I've a feeling all that will be reversed tomorrow evening though!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For the very first time since our last game pre-Pandemic, versus Wolves, 16 long months or so ago, l made my way to the Amex yesterday. Not for any particular reason, but just to see what was what.

As l slowly made my way along the Lewes Road l started to notice quite a few changes that have taken place since most of us have been away, the Franklin Arms, where l used to regularly have to get off the 25 for an urgent pee, (l'm of an age l'm afraid), is no longer the Franklin Arms, now renamed the Lewes Road Tavern, the Mithras House building work finally appears to have been completed, and even Gully's fish and chip shop is no longer err ... Gully's, but appears to be another fast food take away.

Even upon arrival at the Amex, things seemed to be different, entrance, both the pedestrian entrance, and the Coach Park in Village Way were blocked off my fencing, and the only way in for a mere pedestrian like me, was to dodge under the barrier to the Car Park. The ground itself, as l walked around the outer concourse, seemed down at heel somehow, and in need of a bit of a paint job here and there, and some general TLC.

In fact between alighting from the 25 bus, and entering the club Superstore on the opposite side of the ground l encountered not another living soul. The Marie Celeste all over again. I've a feeling all that will be reversed tomorrow evening though!

I know what you mean about the stadium. I suppose we were spoilt when it was brand spanking new. But I do wish we could have our blue roof back.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I noticed that they’ve put temporary fencing(or maybe it’s there for the long term) around the perimeter as you drive down to park for the superstore.
If you’re planning to walk over the bridge that crosses the A27 and nip in through the bushes, you may well find no way through

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I know what you mean about the stadium. I suppose we were spoilt when it was brand spanking new. But I do wish we could have our blue roof back.

I like the green roof. What the stadium being surrounded by green fields and trees etc I think it helps blend it in even more to the surrounding area.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I like the green roof. What the stadium being surrounded by green fields and trees etc I think it helps blend it in even more to the surrounding area.

Yes indeed, in fact in the original plans the roof was due to be turfed, but that never happened.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Did they build the outside catering and toilet block by the bandstand yet ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here