Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some people need to take a chill pill

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Picture the scene, Worthing Crematorium post lockdown, attendance restrictions lifted, and one of my favourite funeral celebrants opens our service with,
"Good afternoon Lades and Gentleman, and thank you for attending this service of celebration for the late...…"

After the service has finished, an individual approached the Celebrant and said "I was deeply offended by the term Ladies and Gentleman as I'm non binary and don't identify as either"

Some people need to get out more :ffsparr:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Used to know a pub where if you went to the snooker tables at the back there were various pills for sale. Wonder if they do chill pills?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think i would actually tell them to **** off. it wasnt about them.

fundemental cultural and social convention dont get changed because a few people want it to, it takes time and in that time they need to make allowance.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well if you choose to live in Brighton Harty, (or nearly) ., . . :)

I took the bus out to the Amex yesterday, one was painted all over pink, and the bus back was in the colours of Gay Pride.

I haven't come across that anywhere else in the country.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Welcome to Britain in 2021.
Change can be quite frightening when it suddenly appears in front of you. Especially if you don't want to change....

Edit: 10-12 pages on this in the next 2-3 days til disappearance then re-rolled ad infinitum with a different " Woke " tweak.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Picture the scene, Worthing Crematorium post lockdown, attendance restrictions lifted, and one of my favourite funeral celebrants opens our service with,
"Good afternoon Lades and Gentleman, and thank you for attending this service of celebration for the late...…"

After the service has finished, an individual approached the Celebrant and said "I was deeply offended by the term Ladies and Gentleman as I'm non binary and don't identify as either"

Some people need to get out more :ffsparr:

So Cousin it did make the service.

it.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
i think i would actually tell them to **** off. it wasnt about them.

fundemental cultural and social convention dont get changed because a few people want it to, it takes time and in that time they need to make allowance.

All of that is very true but they also don't get changed by repeated similar threads on football message boards.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Let's hope that this prompts the individual to opt for a burial in the future rather than a cremation.

At least then they'd only be let down once.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
:
Were they in your top 10 celebrants?

It's hard isn't it. My list changes almost daily.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The world's gone mad.
Next there'll be a female CO and SWO at an RAF base, where the runway will in the design of an ironing board...
Crazy times we live in :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here