Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Welbeck

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sky reporting that GP has advised that Welbeck is out until after the international break whenever that maybe

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Did he say which international break?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Sensible to target the end of the international break. Three games which is a shame but best we get him 100% fit and this gives us a month to get him recovered from the injury and fully fit. A real shame that he won’t have benefitted from a proper pre season.
It does give players like Connolly a chance with pressure on knowing that if they don’t perform they will be replaced when Welbeck is back.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
3 EPL fixture missed. This would be the least I’d have thought he’d miss so I’m actually a little relieved that a date has been put on his return.
I'm willing to bet that is THE most optimistic date for a return, in practice it could be much longer. He's always had these " Niggles " limiting his appearances and that isn't going to get better with age.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well whatever the case it’s a shame.

The guy was a breath of fresh air, played brilliantly for us last season and scored some incredible goals.

Without wishing to beat the same drum, despite what some say here, it does highlight just why we need more competition in forward areas.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Zeqiri to the rescue.

My thoughts exactly. A lot on NSC have written him off, not the answer, needs a loan but I disagree. Put him in as an out & out striker and see if he has what it takes. He has had time (on the sidelines) to settle in, study the pace and skill of the PL let him have the chance to prove himself. I reckon he could return 8 to 10 goals given a good chance. Waiting to get flamed here but no one knows how good he is until he plays more.A young Chris Wood reminds me of Swiss Andy.....he turned out OK.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
It will be fine. The new strikers we purchased are settling in well

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we wanted to sign a like for like replacement I see Andy Carroll is out of contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here