Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Eastbourne Alehouses and Micropubs

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Afternoon everyone. I'm planning a trip down Saturday for the Eastbourne Town v Guildford City FA Cup tie . Any decent idea's for good Alehouses or Micropubs? I'd of usually done some research but i've just been away for a few days . Cheers.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Afternoon everyone. I'm planning a trip down Saturday for the Eastbourne Town v Guildford City FA Cup tie . Any decent idea's for good Alehouses or Micropubs? I'd of usually done some research but i've just been away for a few days . Cheers.

You could try Bibendum. Saw this on social media:

"As part of the Great British Beer Festival week this week, we are partnering with [MENTION=35684]Longman[/MENTION]brewery with a mini tap take over & meet the brewer event (Tuesday)."

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Bottle Grove is a tiny micro pub/off licence on Grove Road, which you could easily combine with Greased Weasel's excellent South Street suggestion. Worth stopping by for a takeout on the way home at least, I've gotten cans of Cloudwater and Polly's from there before

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No idea if you are a bibliophile, but there is a fantastic second-hand, antiquarian bookshop at the top of Grove Road - Camilla's Bookshop - Eastbourne

It is absolutely overflowing with books and has a decent sport section - I've added many a title to my football library over the years.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Eastbourne is shit for a crawl , South street shuffle is about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
The Saffrons is right next to Grove Road and South Street, and Bibendum is decent enough. You could try the Eagle at the bottom of South Street if you want a game of pool and a pint (they also have a roof terrace).

Bottle Grove has some nice (strong) beers but it's basically four or five small tables in a shop, and it's not cheap.

South Street : I'd avoid the Dewdrop unless you smell of mung beans and are under 21. The Dolphin is ok. They've got a little private terrace if you ask.

Grove Road : The Printers is a friendly little pub but the beer isn't all that to be honest.

So, walking distance to the Saffrons : Eagle first, then The Dolphin for one, then Bibendum for a few, then over the road to the Saffrons.

I can't really add anything to that apart from if you're getting the train in, there's a Wetherspoons opposite the station if you want to hit the ground running.. :)

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
ATFC will probably buy a book and leave it in a pub after several pints. :)

Have you been out with me before:lolol:? Just last Thursday i left a hat in a pub after a day on the shant. Books, Jackets ,Umbrellas ,lots of stuff lost or forgotten over the years .

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
The Saffrons is right next to Grove Road and South Street, and Bibendum is decent enough. You could try the Eagle at the bottom of South Street if you want a game of pool and a pint (they also have a roof terrace).

Bottle Grove has some nice (strong) beers but it's basically four or five small tables in a shop, and it's not cheap.

South Street : I'd avoid the Dewdrop unless you smell of mung beans and are under 21. The Dolphin is ok. They've got a little private terrace if you ask.

Grove Road : The Printers is a friendly little pub but the beer isn't all that to be honest.

So, walking distance to the Saffrons : Eagle first, then The Dolphin for one, then Bibendum for a few, then over the road to the Saffrons.

I can't really add anything to that apart from if you're getting the train in, there's a Wetherspoons opposite the station if you want to hit the ground running.. :)

Thanks for the info ,wouldn't do The Dewdrop as it's Greedy King . Probably head to Old Town in the Morning and South Street after or even go to Lewes .

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Have you been out with me before:lolol:? Just last Thursday i left a hat in a pub after a day on the shant. Books, Jackets ,Umbrellas ,lots of stuff lost or forgotten over the years .

:lolol:
I think it goes hand in hand with drinking, I take as little as possible with me if I’m going to a pub.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'd head for Old Town. The Lamb The Crown, The Rainbow and the Hurst Arms all serve a decent pint of Harveys.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

How did your day turn out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here