Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation Battle 2021/2022

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Apologies if this topic is already up somewhere..

Just heard Danny Mills on talksport saying we're one of the favourites to go down because we don't score enough and we've lost Ben White. Natalie Sawyer brought up our expected goals and that we play good football but the overall consensus is we're going to be right down there.

Personally, this is the most confident I've been going into a premier league season with a fully fit squad I think we can get the better of anyone. The other names thrown in the conversation were Southampton, Norwich, Watford, Brentford, Crystal Palace and Burnley.. Surprised Newcastle and possibly even wolves weren't in the conversation if we are.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Apologies if this topic is already up somewhere..

Just heard Danny Mills on talksport saying we're one of the favourites to go down because we don't score enough and we've lost Ben White. Natalie Sawyer brought up our expected goals and that we play good football but the overall consensus is we're going to be right down there.

Personally, this is the most confident I've been going into a premier league season with a fully fit squad I think we can get the better of anyone. The other names thrown in the conversation were Southampton, Norwich, Watford, Brentford, Crystal Palace and Burnley.. Surprised Newcastle and possibly even wolves weren't in the conversation if we are.

Not a comment on whether or not we will stay up but we're not fully fit. Already missing Welbeck and Lamptey.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A #TeamLikeBrighton is the go-to relegation candidate for lazy pundits.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I think Wolves could go down if they continue on the same trajectory

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We will be down there as it stands absolutely no question. We need to get a wriggle on and make a few signings

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The season reviews I've seen so far all have us placed as 12th.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Optimism around this board but with the exception of Mwepu we havent strengthened the squad at all and already missing 2x key players, a couple will be tired back from the euros and another couple recovering from major injuries.

I see little on paper to suggest we'll do any better than last year - ultimately comfortably safe from relegation despite flirting with it all season long.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Without us signing someone who can score the goals then I can't see us do anything but struggle again.

Arguably with the loss of Jahanabaksh we have even less options up front than we did last year.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have very little confidence in our forward options.

Not concerned about our midfield and defence, far more trust in them.
Leap of faith in our forwards for me. I struggle to believe we will miss as many chances as we did last season. As such, I am confident we will finish around 12th or 13th

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Expected goals aren't worth jack if you don't have someone to make them into actual goals. Easily the most pointless stat in sport.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I have very little confidence in our forward options.

Not concerned about our midfield and defence, far more trust in them.

I kind of agree I would feel much more confident if Welbeck wasn't so injury prone but I still rate Maupay and hopefully we can sign another striker to give us some depth. The Midfield and Defence should be nowhere near the bottom 3 in my opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stat's HOT TAKE:-

None of the 3 promoted teams will be relegated.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Much the same as last year. No progression made currently.

I disagree, I think we've progressed a lot we have very good players all over the pitch. Going into last season we didn't know our best formation, had no Sanchez, no Welbeck ect..

And we've got 50m more to potentially invest in the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here