Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] 13 European destinations refusing to accept certain batches of the vaccine. Which are are?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
We are due to go to Malta in a couple of weeks
and its in the news again today re the 3 of the Indian-made AstraZeneca vaccines
with the batch numbers 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003.
These were prominently used in Brighton

UK tourists who have been given the Indian-made doses would be
flagged up at the EU border and could face being denied entry as, by 13 European destinations.
I can’t find any mention of it on the government sites what the 13 destinations are.
Is this old news?

Obviously concerned we will get to the airport to be refused travel.
Any help appreciated.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
and its in the news again today re the 3 of the Indian-made AstraZeneca vaccines

flagged up at the EU border and could face being denied entry as, by 13 European destinations.
I can’t find any mention of it on the government sites what the 13 destinations are.
Is this old news?

Any help appreciated.

I feel sorry for anyone left with uncertainty over this issue, will the Government website not have the information you require?
This whole sorry episode smacks of a punishment beating from the EU for the UK getting out of the blocks early with the vaccine roll out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My experience of arriving in France was that the printed vaccine certificates were only given a cursory glance, I doubt the customs official even matched the names on them to the passport. We showed them to him from the car window and he didn’t even take them off us and look at them.

I am guessing that you can print off the vaccine certificates?

Not sure if that helps, what is different about this batch of vaccines that are being flagged up?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure if that helps, what is different about this batch of vaccines that are being flagged up?

They are not approved for use in the EU.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

nothing except the factory they came from. the issue seems to be combination of prejudice (India producing vaccine?) and bureaucrats not following their own rules correctly.

the product from the factory with a Astrazeneca label is licenced. the product from the factory with the branding "Covishield" is not, as Serum Institute have not obtained a marketing licence. although most individual EU nations have granted it licence.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My experience of arriving in France was that the printed vaccine certificates were only given a cursory glance, I doubt the customs official even matched the names on them to the passport. We showed them to him from the car window and he didn’t even take them off us and look at them.

Three batches of Indian-imported vaccine (AstraZeneca) are not EU approved but are UK approved - so certain EU countries have decided not to accept them. If you received one or two doses from those batches you risk not being able to gain entry to wherever you are travelling (actually the more detailed checks are pre-boarding if you are flying - plenty of stories around of people refused boarding to their flights). Many EU countries have however decided to allow it (each country is free to make its own decision, increasing confusion).

The batches have been used at the Brighton Centre (I and several pals have had one dose of the offending batch)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a nightmare, yeah I imagine a refusal at boarding is the most likely scenario if they are not accepted in Malta

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Airlines are checking though.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Is this old news?

Any help appreciated.

Here’s the official Malta position if it helps

https://deputyprimeminister.gov.mt/en/health-promotion/covid-19/Pages/travel.aspx

Which includes (the bit in bold was added when they agreed to accept the imported batches):

A valid vaccination certificate recognised by the Superintendent of Public Health (age 12+) for a full course of vaccination (2 doses or 1 dose of a single dose vaccine) with EMA approved vaccines (Comirnaty [Pfizer], Jannsen [Johnson & Johnson], Spikevax [Moderna], Vaxzevria [AstraZeneca]), with batches that are authorized by the national regulatory authority of the administering country, with 14 days after the last dose.

The recognised vaccine certificates include:

-The Official Maltese vaccination certificate
-The EU Digital COVID vaccination certificate, issued by EU, EEA and non-EU countries connected to the EUDCC ​gateway
-The United Kingdom NHS (paper or digital) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccination Certificate
-The UAE Vaccine certificate issued by the Dubai Health Authorities with a readable QR Code
-The Turkish Vaccine certificate of full course of vaccination.
-The United States CDC Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card: accepted until 31July 2021. As of 01 August 2021 this will need to be verified through the VeriFLY app to be accepted as a valid vaccination certificate. The VeriFLY app is available on both Google Play (https://bit.ly/2WkqfrI) and Apple App Store (https://apple.co/3x8K0zn). Go to https://go.daon.com/veriflyapp​ for Verifly FAQs.
-The Serbian “Digital Green Certificate” with a readable QR Code
-The Gibraltar, Jersey and Guernsey vaccination certificate

A certificate with 2 different EMA approved vaccines from the above recognised vaccine certificates is accepted as valid.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Rumour has it that if your 2nd dose is not from the blacklisted batches then you will be OK.

This is because they ask for the 2nd dose QR code - which contains no info of which batch your 1st dose came from - just that you had 2 doses.

^---- Just a rumour. But it seems reasonable that they only scan the 2nd dose QR.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Three batches of Indian-imported vaccine (AstraZeneca) are not EU approved but are UK approved - so certain EU countries have decided not to accept them. If you received one or two doses from those batches you risk not being able to gain entry to wherever you are travelling (actually the more detailed checks are pre-boarding if you are flying - plenty of stories around of people refused boarding to their flights). Many EU countries have however decided to allow it (each country is free to make its own decision, increasing confusion).

The batches have been used at the Brighton Centre (I and several pals have had one dose of the offending batch)

And at least one of them was used at the Race Hill :/

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

Some were used at Clair Hall in Haywards Heath as well.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Both my wife and I had our second jab from these batches. At no time were we told the vaccine was from Indian, although if we had been told we probably wouldn't have objected given at that time there was no information on acceptance. But trying to find information on acceptance or otherwise is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

However on 2nd July Boris Johnson said "I see no reason at all why the MHRA-approved vaccines should not be recognised as part of the vaccine passports and I'm very confident that that will not prove to be a problem,"

As usual his confidence was misplaced and since then, silence and no detail on talks to get this issue resolved. So 5m people in limbo and effectively barred from leaving the UK.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Both my wife and I had our second jab from these batches. At no time were we told the vaccine was from Indian, although if we had been told we probably wouldn't have objected given at that time there was no information on acceptance. But trying to find information on acceptance or otherwise is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

However on 2nd July Boris Johnson said "I see no reason at all why the MHRA-approved vaccines should not be recognised as part of the vaccine passports and I'm very confident that that will not prove to be a problem,"

As usual his confidence was misplaced and since then, silence and no detail on talks to get this issue resolved. So 5m people in limbo and effectively barred from leaving the UK.

Not true. France has accepted Brits vaccinated with those batches.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...eca-indian-paris-european-union-b1885822.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here