Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber explains the matchday requirements- youtube video

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
My family have 3 season tickets. It's worth remembering there are no legal requirements, this is all the PL and/or the Albion anticipating future legal requirements.

Our reaction to all of this is bollocks. The prize of watching the Albion ain't worth the hassle. A personal view.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Is a useful update this one - someone appears to have collated the main thread and Barbs has answered all the questions on it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My family have 3 season tickets. It's worth remembering there are no legal requirements, this is all the PL and/or the Albion anticipating future legal requirements.

Our reaction to all of this is bollocks. The prize of watching the Albion ain't worth the hassle. A personal view.
I had a quick search and can’t find any other club having these kind of measures unless someone knows better. They all have the match ticket must match ID and that’s about it.

Arsenal fan lobs bottle at Spurs player Barber instantly bans bottle tops. England fans fake covid tests at Wembley Barber comes out with this tripe.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

It’s eminently sensible to get fans used to the restrictions that’ll be coming in on the 1st October. It always saddens me that people don’t reflect on the enormous challenges the club face or the hard work their staff have to go through to make these matches safe to attend.

The prize for me is a full stadium. It seems like you set a very low bar on watching the Albion if you’re going to miss out because showing some ID, proving you are not infected (and won’t go around infecting your fellow fans) and doing bit of mask wearing when you are not in your seat or eating is ‘bollocks’. Just a personal view.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s eminently sensible to get fans used to the restrictions that’ll be coming in on the 1st October. It always saddens me that people don’t reflect on the enormous challenges the club face or the hard work their staff have to go through to make these matches safe to attend.

The prize for me is a full stadium. It seems like you set a very low bar on watching the Albion if you’re going to miss out because showing some ID, proving you are not infected (and won’t go around infecting your fellow fans) and doing bit of mask wearing when you are not in your seat or eating is ‘bollocks’. Just a personal view.

This.

Seventeen months ago we were in full lockdown. There was no sport being played anywhere by anyone. You could go out once a day to exercise or shop, but God help you if you wanted to shop for bog roll and flour. People either had no work at all or 12 hours of Zoom or Teams mixed with trying to teach their kids. Damn it, I remember when watching a Korean League game behind closed doors online was an amazing event and when we all became Bundesliga experts for a month.

Now we have the opportunity to go back to a full stadium and many will be seeing Lallana, Sanchez, Veltman, The Computer and possibly others in the flesh for the first time and all you have to do is prove you've had a vaccination, prove you don't currently have Covid and protect others from whatever might be lurking in your mouth and nose for about 2 minutes on the stairs and concourse. If this is "bollocks" or "too much hassle" I'd suggest it's because you're an anti-vaxxer who wants all the benefits of a free society without making a couple of personal sacrifices.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

100%. Don’t want to watch another behind-closed-doors, fanless, atmosphere-free, soulless game on TV ever again.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Top Post, nowt more needs to be said.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Now we have the opportunity to go back to a full stadium and many will be seeing Lallana, Sanchez, Veltman, The Computer and possibly others for the first time and all you have to do is prove you've had a vaccination, prove you don't currently have Covid and protect others from whatever might be lurking in your mouth and nose for about 2 minutes on the stairs and concourse. If this is "bollocks" or "too much hassle" I'd suggest it's because you're an anti-vaxxer who wants all the benefits of a free society without making a couple of personal sacrifices.

Considering I have been double jabbed, have downloaded my covid pass and will be happy to show it I can hardly be described as an anti-vaxxer. What I object to is having done that I then have to provide photographic ID to prove that I am who I say I am. The presumption being that I am some chancer looking to game the system so I can cause my fellow fans harm.

I suspect that most posters on here have a driving license, or an NUS card, travel card or some such that they carry around as a matter of course so the ID is not even something worth a second thought.

Some people however do not have it, or they just have a passport. To get a ticket for the Albion you already have to register a lot of details to attend games, they know who I am and I should not have to bring my passport to prove it. What I will do now is buy a network card or take a photo of my passport. So yes I will end up providing something. So even if ultimately if it is not a "hassle" it is still "bollocks". Every, and I mean every, other venue I attend does not require me to provide photo ID and I do not see why having provided proof of my covid status I should then provide even more proof of who I am.

The presumption of guilt really annoys me.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I had a quick search and can’t find any other club having these kind of measures unless someone knows better. They all have the match ticket must match ID and that’s about it.

Arsenal fan lobs bottle at Spurs player Barber instantly bans bottle tops. England fans fake covid tests at Wembley Barber comes out with this tripe.

Comical. For example, bottle tops had been banned at numerous grounds for a long time before it came in at the Albion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Considering I have been double jabbed, have downloaded my covid pass and will be happy to show it I can hardly be described as an anti-vaxxer. What I object to is having done that I then have to provide photographic ID to prove that I am who I say I am. The presumption being that I am some chancer looking to game the system so I can cause my fellow fans harm.

I suspect that most posters on here have a driving license, or an NUS card, travel card or some such that they carry around as a matter of course so the ID is not even something worth a second thought.

Some people however do not have it, or they just have a passport. To get a ticket for the Albion you already have to register a lot of details to attend games, they know who I am and I should not have to bring my passport to prove it. What I will do now is buy a network card or take a photo of my passport. So yes I will end up providing something. So even if ultimately if it is not a "hassle" it is still "bollocks". Every, and I mean every, other venue I attend does not require me to provide photo ID and I do not see why having provided proof of my covid status I should then provide even more proof of who I am.

It’s not a presumption of guilt, it’s a simple control measure.

Showing Covid status without matching ID would be completely pointless - have experienced this at an event already. That was truly a waste of time.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

I don't think you realise the huge amount of money made each season by people purchasing tickets via touts. The club wish to sell the tickets to their fans and ensure that individuals are not lining their own pockets with matchday tickets. Equally a requirement from the Goverment on the FA and Premier League is that they can identify those at risk in the case of an outbreak so the club has a responsibility to know who is in which seats and who is around them

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
The presumption being that I am some chancer looking to game the system so I can cause my fellow fans harm.

The problem is, that some ARE chancers and they must be stopped. Some on here have already talked about taking screenshots and getting around the negative LFT requirements.

I have no issue at all with complying with whatever the club ask of us to ensure everyone is as safe as possible. And as the club has stated - this is all ahead of what is expected for all PL clubs from 1st October. I think it's quite sensible that they put these processes in place now so that they can be improved/tweaked as necessary.

I'll be at the Getafe game ... I'll get there nice and early ... I'll cooperate with those that we have to present the various bits to ... pie and a cuppa ... enjoy the game ... and then the season starts for real!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

To that all I would say is grow up. The rules, as many rules are, are there to prevent the people that would lie to get into a game. What happens if someone not quite as honest as you decides to lend their ticket to a banned fan who then claims to be the ticket holder. As for providing proof of covid status, it is meaningless if you can't prove that it's you!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is getting to the point where I feel that all those whinging about a little bit of proof of who they are will be better off staying away and the Amex will be a better place for it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Then I'd suggest your annoyance is directed to the small minority that take the piss and will try to cheat the system.

If you're annoyed, how do you think the club feel? A huge amount of additional work just because of a few mindless scroats

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Perhaps it's time we all carried ID cards - as per the majority of other European Countries.

Issued FOC, I really can't see the problem.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This is getting to the point where I feel that all those whinging about a little bit of proof of who they are will be better off staying away and the Amex will be a better place for it.

I’m going to watch non league :whistle: :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here