Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***England v India, 1st LV=Insurance Test Match, Trent Bridge***

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Olympics is a handy diversion from work, but in half an hour, REAL cricket is back.

Stokes a big miss, and a real shame Woakes isn't about the fill the void. Big opportunity for Ollie Robinson.

Hoping India are undercooked and the conditions favour the good guys.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Teams
England: Rory Burns, Dom Sibley, Zak Crawley, Joe Root (capt), Jonny Bairstow, Dan Lawrence, Jos Buttler (wk), Sam Curran, Ollie Robinson, Stuart Broad, James Anderson.

India: Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (capt), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Mohammad Siraj.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Much better to select disappointing batsmen than an actual spinner.If Stokes is unavailable for the Ashes do we list not play a spinner there?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When I look at our test batting line-up my first reaction is, as always, 50-3.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Umpires call ... unlucky to get triggered for a bail trimmer

0-1 Burns back in the hutch

Looked stone dead in real time. Don't really think he can consider himself unlucky. Bumrah totally did him, and deserved the wicket.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This is quite honestly the most shambolic England batting line up I can remember, even in home conditions we look like lambs to the slaughter. If the Ashes do go ahead, the Aussies haven’t even played any tests for about 2 years and they’ll still crush us.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
So I've got cricket on the iPad, Olympics on the laptop on a small window.

Occasionally my mind overlaps the commentaries. A couple of times, the cricket commentary matched the shot putt – ...running in, busy action, nicely bowled...:lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wicket looks like a village one prepared the evening before.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Before this game, balls faced in first-class cricket by England’s top seven since the second Test against New Zealand…

Burns: 189
Sibley: 271
Crawley: 6
Root: 0
Bairstow: 0
Lawrence: 0
Buttler: 0

As TMS have just said, the Indians have actually had better preparation for a test series in England.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Before this game, balls faced in first-class cricket by England’s top seven since the second Test against New Zealand…

Burns: 189
Sibley: 271
Crawley: 6
Root: 0
Bairstow: 0
Lawrence: 0
Buttler: 0

As TMS have just said, the Indians have actually had better preparation for a test series in England.

Still, as long as the Hundred makes lots of money, and a handful of ten year olds enjoy watching a few sixes get hit on TV, pissing away another Test series is a small price to pay.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Looked stone dead in real time. Don't really think he can consider himself unlucky. Bumrah totally did him, and deserved the wicket.
One of the great traditions of discussing cricket. Different views of LBW decisions.

As a lefthanded batsman - and lifetime purveyor of off-cutters - I have a foot firmly in both camps and am very flexible in my judgements.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
61/2 at lunch

Conditions have been typically helpful, for a first morning at Trent Bridge, but fair play to India.

They have bowled brilliantly this morning.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sibly. Lowest England score (18) for an opener in first session of a test since 1984 :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here