Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drinking in seats

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
The Club is clearly anxious that fans should not linger in the concourses longer than necessary. However, alcohol will still be served in the concourse bars but it must be consumed before going to seats. Is this the time to press the point that good sense would allow fans to go to their seats, with their drinks, as early as possible?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Its not a club decision, but a legal one regarding alcohol at football grounds, until the law of the land changes, and as we all know good sense and the law of the land do not necessarily go together

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There's no sense in the alcohol ban with sight of the game laws anyway. In almost any other sport you can have a pint in your seat during the game and in many other countries whilst watching football.

Someone still thinks it's 1985

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is it just football, see them drinking at cricket and rugby.

Yes there's a specific rule for professional league football that covers drinking in sight of the pitch (which is why concourses have upstairs access to the seats and lounges have curtains).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
There's no sense in the alcohol ban with sight of the game laws anyway. In almost any other sport you can have a pint in your seat during the game and in many other countries whilst watching football.

Someone still thinks it's 1985

It is specific discrimination against football fans and the law should be changed. it's ridiculous

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not that bothered about it to be honest. And don't relish being covered in lager every time we score a goal :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There is a huge opportunity to get rid of this with the Covid excuse. The Government should act. It’s populist and knee jerk so should suit number 10 to the ground.

The real question is, will fans be able to cope with the constant ‘in and outs’ in rows as certain fans drink to excess? Perhaps keep the bars open for 30mins of the match instead of 90mins? (10mins after KO, 10 mins before HT, 10mins after HT).

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Be great if they allow it. Imagine the scenes of beer and froth flying everywhere after we score are 93rd minute winner against the scum.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
While it should happen from a Covid point of view, anyone who has been to cricket and rugby will tell you it's not all it's cracked up to be having to stand up every 2 mins to let someone past to the bar and then back with drinks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
As others have said, I'd rather not wear beer being chucked about by spanners.
Don't know where that stupid celebration has come from but it can stay the **** away from me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bad enough now with people getting up to piss, or disappearing on 40 mins, coming back on 48 etc. Last thing I want is even more excuses to have people going up and down like a whore’s drawers and getting in the way.

At least at the cricket people wait until the gap between overs.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
You always could drink in seats. A bottle of water and problem solved

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It would be simple to say you can take your drink to your seat before kick off, during half time or after the game but NOT during play. Doesn't stop people going for a wee but that is probably likely to happen anyway if they are drinking.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I’m pretty sure I saw fans at the euros drinking beer at their seats in every stadium apart from Wembley and Hampden.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here