Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jayson Molumby

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The football league season starts this weekend.

There may well be a slight surge in recruitment from teams looking to get players in for the start.

So perhaps there will be news about his future soon.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I like him but its looking more and more likely he is off in my opinion, unless Biss is off.

Even then he has a job on his hands getting game time.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
He did really well at Millwall a couple of seasons ago. He bossed their midfield and I thought he was going to push on and be part of our squad.

I understand they wanted to buy him but instead he was loaned to Preston where he didn't do as well.

I hope he gets another good loan or is sold to a club who is going to play him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seems unfortunate for the lad that the club did not sell him to Millwall. But that said if no clubs are in for him now, not much we can do

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seems unfortunate for the lad that the club did not sell him to Millwall. But that said if no clubs are in for him now, not much we can do

Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing! I'd have been really disappointed if we'd sold him to Millwall at the time, and was looking forward to seeing him progress with us - but just over a year after bossing the Championship it must be a bit galling for him to be playing for the U23s, and not even getting a look-in in a pre-season friendly.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's off as soon as a chance comes up - with nothing but good wishes from me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I like him but its looking more and more likely he is off in my opinion, unless Biss is off.

Even then he has a job on his hands getting game time.
If Biss is off then no loan for Caicedo. Either way I think Molumby leaves. Maybe to USG if no other option.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Biss is off then no loan for Caicedo. Either way I think Molumby leaves. Maybe to USG if no other option.

I don't think our releationship with USG imcludes them taking our players that we do not want (although I think adding Molumby to the group that 'we don't want' would be an undeserved insult to him).
However, sticking him in the U23s after he bossed the midfield for a team in the Championship for a season does suggest that he needs a new - and better - home. Will be sad to see him go.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
There is definitely luck involved for young players. Would Potter have put Ben White straight in 1st team if he had just had a season loan at say Preston/Wigan

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Got a feeling he’ll end up at Forest with Hughton.

Our former manager and Irish international played Molumby twice in the EFL cup when he was very young (pre-massive injury).

Hughton will know that he is now a top Championship midfielder at worse. There must have been talks, that’s probably why he is cruising in the U23s.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Andy Naylor says won’t be Swansea

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Now that James Garner has finally decided which club he is going on loan to from a long list of Championship clubs then the rest of the clubs can move on to plan B.

Maybe that plan B is Molumby for some of them ? ???

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Now that James Garner has finally decided which club he is going on loan to from a long list of Championship clubs then the rest of the clubs can move on to plan B.

Maybe that plan B is Molumby for some of them ? ???

If only this, or similar, could be stickied to the top of every "why are we not making this happen" transfer thread...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Really feel for the lad. Had a storming season at Millwall and was loved by the fans. Was kept in our squad last season but never given a chance then that nightmare at Preston. Clearly has alot of talent and needs to play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here