Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Andone and maupay upfront.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
This would ruffle the feathers of that tiresome backline of tarkowski and mee and surprise them. Stop slating andone and give the guy some positive encouragement. He defo deserves another chance, and to stick it up all you hissy retards that look for anything to slag him off.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This would ruffle the feathers of that tiresome backline of tarkowski and mee and surprise them. Stop slating andone and give the guy some positive encouragement. He defo deserves another chance, and to stick it up all you hissy retards that look for anything to slag him off.

Is account sharing allowed? Asking for a friend.

Welcome Florin and Neal.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Reckon we might even go with Connolly and Tau based on their performances yesterday, or maybe just one up front and pack the midfield?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I thought both Andone and March looked like players working their way back from injury yesterday, which is hardly surprising really. Both need a little more time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought both Andone and March looked like players working their way back from injury yesterday, which is hardly surprising really. Both need a little more time.

Thought March did well, was obviously frustrating for Andone but in part due to things being a bit disjointed with so many subs being made. Interesting to see how he does if/when given a run in a settled side/formation.

Him and Maupay together will be fascinating - hope they get on, otherwise we’ll have on on-field punch-up.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sure it has been mentioned but why was Andone arguing with defender after Percy scored and also with several of our players

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Thought March did well, was obviously frustrating for Andone but in part due to things being a bit disjointed with so many subs being made. Interesting to see how he does if/when given a run in a settled side/formation.

Him and Maupay together will be fascinating - hope they get on, otherwise we’ll have on on-field punch-up.

This. I could understand Andone’s frustration a bit yesterday. He was running into spaces but getting no service, much like in the Rangers friendly. Obviously depends on how much he’s following instructions but I feel he should be given time in the first eleven to show what he can do.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Last two games Andone has had Tau with him, and I dont think they are a valid partnership, not on the same wavelength. Andone needs supply and he would more of a threat with Gross and Lallana and March in the team.
Andone and Maupay up front with darting runs would run Burnleys back two ragged.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You wouldn’t want to play against them would you?
Will we play two (strikers) up front in the league? I’m not so sure. Depends what is going on with Tross I guess.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Tau and Connolly are not the answer, just not good enough, they’ve had enough time and haven’t got there, it’s sad for them but this is the Premier League and you have to be amongst the best, they are not. Time to move them on, championship or abroad would suit them both.

Andone could probably do it, but needs a heck of a lot of man management, does Potter have it in him, does Potter want to?

Maupay is still all out of confidence, if he gets his mojo going, perhaps he could be part of it, but I’m not confident he will.

Welbeck now injured is sadly something that was expected with him, but when he is fit he is head and shoulders above anything else we have up front, and for me that’s the problem.

The club have tried to get away with it by not capitulating and going large on a striker since we got promoted, and for that we will again be one of the favourites to go down, if we do better than 17th we will have done well. I just can’t ever see us being anywhere near mid table with our current apparent transfer policy. Tony is a seasoned gambler, perhaps he’ll be lucky with one of the punts from the Austrian or Scandinavian leagues one day, until then we can enjoy a fab stadium, watching our team playing against the very best players in the world, and never forgetting where we were 11, 20, 30 years ago,

All in my opinion of course.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think we should go all in against Burnley, Andone, Maupay, Connolly

De Shithouse, Le petit Shithouse and An níos lú fós Shithouse :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

I think they do get on. I remember they linked up well together before the red mist descended.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Tau and Connolly are not the answer, just not good enough, they’ve had enough time and haven’t got there, it’s sad for them but this is the Premier League and you have to be amongst the best, they are not. Time to move them on, championship or abroad would suit them both.

Andone could probably do it, but needs a heck of a lot of man management, does Potter have it in him, does Potter want to?

Maupay is still all out of confidence, if he gets his mojo going, perhaps he could be part of it, but I’m not confident he will.

Welbeck now injured is sadly something that was expected with him, but when he is fit he is head and shoulders above anything else we have up front, and for me that’s the problem.

The club have tried to get away with it by not capitulating and going large on a striker since we got promoted, and for that we will again be one of the favourites to go down, if we do better than 17th we will have done well. I just can’t ever see us being anywhere near mid table with our current apparent transfer policy. Tony is a seasoned gambler, perhaps he’ll be lucky with one of the punts from the Austrian or Scandinavian leagues one day, until then we can enjoy a fab stadium, watching our team playing against the very best players in the world, and never forgetting where we were 11, 20, 30 years ago,

Agree with you in the main however the window isn't shut yet and the club are clearly trying to bring someone in so let's not resign ourselves to a relegation fight just yet.. The season hasn't even started!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Agree with you in the main however the window isn't shut yet and the club are clearly trying to bring someone in so let's not resign ourselves to a relegation fight just yet.. The season hasn't even started!

Exactly- if there is any truth in the Nunez rumours we are prepared to offer over £30 million.
So the money and motivation is there for the right player.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

That's a bit harsh on Percy. His goal celebration was world class.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sure it has been mentioned but why was Andone arguing with defender after Percy scored and also with several of our players

Either Luton were annoyed, that Andone clearly fouled their defender in the build up (before laying the ball into Tau’s path), or Andone was going after their number 3, for the really nasty hack at Tau (he luckily didn’t catch him).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here