Maupay 6 Connolly 7

Steele 7
Karbownik 7 Ostigard 7
Alzate 7
Tau 6 Andone 6

The rest 6

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Burn gets a 5 for giving them a goal on a plate.

Lallana, Biss, Mwepu get 8s - they all looked class.

The rest 6s and 7s.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I broadly agree. I thought the highlights were Duffy, Ostigard, Mwepu and Tau. We had a Dan Burn moment, but the real lowlight was Andone. He was complaining throughout. That's really not good.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Slightly below par/below exectations/slightly disappointing - Burn, Karbownik, Andone, Richards.
Top plusses - Biss, March, Mwepu, Alzate, Ostigard - and just about, because not on very long, Tsongui.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I saw it from 15 minutes on (or after our first goal).
First half, best players were the three Ms: Mwepu, March and Maupay
Second half: Alzate was back to his pomp, he's just a delightful footballer. Best I've seen from Tau too.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I broadly agree. I thought the highlights were Duffy, Ostigard, Mwepu and Tau. We had a Dan Burn moment, but the real lowlight was Andone. He was complaining throughout. That's really not good.

People get hung up on this but does it matter that much ? the bigger problem with Andone is that he abandons his position up front by dropping too deep. He got in the way more than once.

I agree with all the players you highlighted btw. Mwepu looks quality. And I hope Duffy gets more chances.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I saw it from 15 minutes on (or after our first goal).
First half, best players were the three Ms: Mwepu, March and Maupay
Second half: Alzate was back to his pomp, he's just a delightful footballer. Best I've seen from Tau too.

This makes sense.

But mentions to Biss for being a bit rusty, Karbo for showing some promise and Lallana for showing a lot of class and control.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This makes sense.

But mentions to Biss for being a bit rusty, Karbo for showing some promise and Lallana for showing a lot of class and control.

Yes, Biss is cranking up to where he needs to be, and Lallana oozes professionalism and vision. Karbo was a mixed bag for me, some great runs, but got caught out too many times -- perhaps they're working on his defensive play before blooding him into the first team squad

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
That should have been Tau 8

Maybe i'm the odd one out here but I think Tau is too lightweight to make it in the PL. Connolly, Andone and Maupay have some 'fight' in them, Tau looks too easily shoved off the ball imo.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Maybe i'm the odd one out here but I think Tau is too lightweight to make it in the PL. Connolly, Andone and Maupay have some 'fight' in them, Tau looks too easily shoved off the ball imo.

The club have a good track record with resolving this sort of problem.
Most notably with March and Trossard.

They will be working with him on diet and gym work to address a very easy to fix weakness.
Far more important that the player has the skills to make it at this level.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Karbownik has massive potential. Just need to iron out the mistakes.

Zeqiri has been given a lot of chances and has been consistently rubbish. Must be good in training.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I really think it's pointless trying to read too much into individual performances at the moment, this is till pre season, some players will be rustier than others, and still a full fortnight on the training pitch, plus another friendly to go, before the big kick off.

Fast forward to Burnley, and you will be seeing far fitter players, and one hopes, enhanced performances.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've always liked the look of Zeqiri when I've seen him play, if anything he hasn't been given enough chances. I genuinely believe there is a good player in there.

No one can tell yet what Andy Zequiri is capable of, if anything. One thing thats for sure though, is that he needs some sort of run of games, so that people can see what's in there, and l seriously wonder if he is ever going to be given that.

I feel a little sorry for him in a way. This will be a make or break season for him, that's for sure.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Karbownik has massive potential. Just need to iron out the mistakes.

Zeqiri has been given a lot of chances and has been consistently rubbish. Must be good in training.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Is Zeqiri a great Premier League footballer?

Nope - but going straight from the Swiss second division to not looking completely lost in the PL indicates he is a quick learner and unpolished talent. I think it will take some time before he turns into someone who will play regularly in the PL, but I definitely think the potential is there.

No one can tell yet what Andy Zequiri is capable of, if anything. One thing thats for sure though, is that he needs some sort of run of games, so that people can see what's in there, and l seriously wonder if he is ever going to be given that.

I feel a little sorry for him in a way. This will be a make or break season for him, that's for sure.

No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here