West west west Sussex
[tweet]1421516184709644292[/tweet]

It's déjà vu...

... all over again.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Good job we went out and bought a new striker or two.................oh.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
[tweet]1421516184709644292[/tweet]

It is what it is really. Welbeck is never going to play anywhere near 38 games in a season, if you can get 20-25 games from him it is good and all that can be expected.

There's Maupay, Connolly, Welbeck, Zeqiri, Andone, Tau, Locadia in the squad as well as Trossard who has played quite a few games as striker. While some of these can play in multiple positions, you cant just keep adding more and more players because it ****s up dressing room atmosphere as well as training sessions.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Tau and Connolly did ok though today - suspect we may start at Burnley with at least one of them alongside Maupay or Andone (who looked today like he could start an argument in an empty room).

I know everyone wants us to sign a new striker but I just have a gut feeling we'll go with what we've got, and that includes at the back as it does sound like Cuccurella may well be heading elsewhere.

Jul 25, 2021
It is what it is really. Welbeck is never going to play anywhere near 38 games in a season, if you can get 20-25 games from him it is good and all that can be expected.

There's Maupay, Connolly, Welbeck, Zeqiri, Andone, Tau, Locadia in the squad as well as Trossard who has played quite a few games as striker. While some of these can play in multiple positions, you cant just keep adding more and more players because it ****s up dressing room atmosphere as well as training sessions.

I have to admit, Connolly impressed me today against Luton with a touch Bergkamp would've been applauding. Massive long played over the top, Connolly was chasing it with a player on his shoulder, threw himself into the air, stretched out his leg and took it down beautifully.

Maybe because I've seen so much of the likes of McCammon and Virgo playing upfront for us, it just seemed top, top class seeing that sort of skill level upfront for us. Definitely has the potential, just needs more game time and confidence I believe.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

Yet some on here think we don't need to sign another striker. If we don't get our money out and sign a decent striker we'll be scrapping around the bottom 3 again. We've tried and failed to sign strikers on the cheap since we arrived in the PL, with another season of TV rights and £50m from the White deal there should be no excuses

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
There was one point where it seemed half the team were telling Andone what he was doing wrong and how he wasn’t playing to the plan - good to see Enock, The Llama and Biss all trying to educate him.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Yet some on here think we don't need to sign another striker. If we don't get our money out and sign a decent striker we'll be scrapping around the bottom 3 again. We've tried and failed to sign strikers on the cheap since we arrived in the PL, with another season of TV rights and £50m from the White deal there should be no excuses

I would add to this it looks like 60 million from incoming transfers and over 10 million a year saved in wages so Now has to be the time we step up to mark and splash out on the striker we all know we desperately need.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Even more reason to get a new striker in before Burnley game - can’t rely on the others to score

SecretLeafyAnnelida-max-1mb.gif

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1421519147880570885[/tweet]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Pretty much agree with most of that - but FFS leave Locadia in the USA or wherever he is!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
There was one point where it seemed half the team were telling Andone what he was doing wrong and how he wasn’t playing to the plan - good to see Enock, The Llama and Biss all trying to educate him.

His temperament has always put me off him, and I don't think he endears himself to his team mates either. Wasn't it a journalist who said his last leaving do was to be held in a phone box? ???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Pretty much agree with most of that - but FFS leave Locadia in the USA or wherever he is!

Yea I expect him to play 0 minutes this season but he is unfortunately back and costing a lot of money and likely soon to be lurking around the training facilities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here