Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Sky Arts now

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
If you like the stripped down version of stuff, with a great ensemble of cool musicians, in a small venue, then Steven Tyler is providing just that.
Robert Plant is a master of it, but this is pretty good, too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If you like the stripped down version of stuff, with a great ensemble of cool musicians, in a small venue, then Steven Tyler is providing just that.
Robert Plant is a master of it, but this is pretty good, too.

Stripped down? Geez, I wish I could have called up a band that 'stripped down' back in my fledgling musical career - ten or a dozen top musicians. backing singers galore, full production, the whole works ................. even I might have looked/sounded half decent!
Most of us had to try to make things work with two or three other musicians (of varying abilities!) none of whom would/could sing a note. "Harmony/backing vocals anyone?" "No chance mate, I just play bass."
Yes, you'd be quite right in thinking I'm not the lost musical genius of my generation. I certainly am not - but boy! - what wouldn't I have given for one single gig with 'stripped down' support like that!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Stripped down? Geez, I wish I could have called up a band that 'stripped down' back in my fledgling musical career - ten or a dozen top musicians. backing singers galore, full production, the whole works ................. even I might have looked/sounded half decent!
Most of us had to try to make things work with two or three other musicians (of varying abilities!) none of whom would/could sing a note. "Harmony/backing vocals anyone?" "No chance mate, I just play bass."
Yes, you'd be quite right in thinking I'm not the lost musical genius of my generation. I certainly am not - but boy! - what wouldn't I have given for one single gig with 'stripped down' support like that!

It's hardly Aerosmith, and they're all pretty much unknown. :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's hardly Aerosmith, and they're all pretty much unknown. :)

They're probably pretty much as technically competant as anybody in Aerosmith. Aerosmith have the advantage that a particuar bunch of good musicians managed to find each other at the right place and the right time. Yes, they were good - so are all the musicians involved tonight.
Ask any pub band player, and many of those of us who may have got slightly further than that, but never 'made' it - ask any one of us - if they'd like to have that lot as their backing band for a festival gig (never mind the cost and the rehearsal time - that'll be taken care of). The only ones that would say no thanks are blibbering idiots.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Liv Tyler used to be so hot as Arwen. Have you seen her now? She's ugly and I would not have sex with her.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Maybe so they don't have to get a semi out of you?

Drop her a message and ask.

Why would I do that, seeing as I clearly just established I no longer find her attractive? It would be counter-intuitive, if you think about it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
She would struggle to get a semi out of me. Why do these beautiful women do these horrible surgeries to their faces?

Shoe-horned into LOTR, either to get a 'star' name in, or callimg in a favour. Deeds attributed to her character that were never done by Arwen in the books - and as for phwoarr! Eowyn and Galadriel streets ahead. Rosie Cotton (in a nice pair of heels rather than those enlarged hobbit feet) would have pushed Arwen back to a Thursday or Friday too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here