Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Next Dr Who?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Jodie Comer quitting and the Beeb say they are looking for an actor of colour to replace her.

Step forward Sir Lenny Henry, IMHO gets the franchise back to familiar ground, no disrespect to Ms Comer but she was certainly no Jon Pertwee or Tom Baker.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Jodie Comer quitting and the Beeb say they are looking for an actor of colour to replace her.

Step forward Sir Lenny Henry, IMHO gets the franchise back to familiar ground, no disrespect to Ms Comer but she was certainly no Jon Pertwee or Tom Baker.

I must have missed Miss Comer - she would have been better than Jodie Whittaker that's for sure, but, PLEASE not Lennie Henry. Awful in every respect. Can't watch anything with him and his childish, puerile sense of humour!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Good. Whittaker used Dr Who as a yakkie northerner audition for Corrie. Quite clearly had no idea what a sonic screwdriver was for as she tried it for everything.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Jodie Comer would be a brilliant Doctor, such a great actress. Great recommendation from the OP!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Does it have to be a Brit - Peter Dinklage is a great actor who would cut all those nasty aliens down to size

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Always thought Jason Flemying would make a great Doctor. But I realise he doesn’t fit the demographic they are looking for. Also I haven’t watched it since about 2007 so my opinion is not really valid.

2172D42C-0256-4424-9412-583C8511BAA9.jpeg

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

This may well get me shouted down, and branded as some kind of Nazi racist phobe of some sort , BUT, assuming the above is true (Ive not seen anything official-but I haven't looked yet) I think they should start out on the premise of looking for the best person to play the new Doctor whatever ethnicity, sexuality, gender identity or hair colour they may be.

If you start out by publicly saying we are only looking for a particular ethnic/gender/sexuality then surely whoever ends up with the role will be seen as only getting the gig because they were of that particular genetic make up

its one of the most high profile roles on British (and global ) television and hopefully whoever gets the job will become a whole new generations "Doctor" (mine is John Pertwee) be they gay, straight, black, white or any other permeation of human

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Jodie was fine for me. I just felt that the scripts and multiple companions didn't work. Her and Yasmin Khan would have been fine as a duo.

Next doctor ? If they wanted a black actor go for Adrian Lester. He'd be a great fit.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I wonder if George Takei would be up for it?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The bigger decision is who they get in to replace Chibnall as showrunner.

The Doctor is such a difficult job already because the character means so many different things to so many different people. If you're hamstrung, as many believe Jodie Whittaker was, by shit writing then a difficult job just becomes impossible.

Personally I'd bloody love for Edgar Wright and / or Simon Pegg to get the showrunner job.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
All I know is that it will be a deaf black trans-woman and a dog always depicted in black and white originally belonging to some Ukrainian farmer who slipped and died leaving the dog homeless for multiple years as well as losing its ability to bark properly with every "woof" now being a melancholic "worf..". And everyone is going to say "wow I'm really happy that the deaf black transwomen with voice impaired previously homeless Ukraina dogs sentiment of the population gets represented" and no one is going to watch it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Apologies Gents, got me Whittaker’s and me Comers mixed up 🙈

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here