Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Don’t be sad about Ben going. A reminder of just how good Webster is.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
[tweet]1420768649829404673[/tweet]

Webster performed even better for us last season then Ben. Some of his close control and runs in this video are utterly majestic.

I couldn’t find the stat to hand, but also I read something like he has the most successful dribbles of a defender in Europe.

Just something to cheer you up. Arsenal signed our 3rd best CB a for £50+m. Never forget that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who's sad?

Cracking bit of business, keep the squads best 2 centre backs and £50m.

On top of that either the deal may pave the way to keeping Bis or Unckie Tony pockets £100m+ - win, win, win.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hard to feel sad about losing a player that most of us never saw in the flesh in the first place.

Although when he is England captain, no doubt 50,000 will say they saw his debut at the Amex in the League Cup and knew just on that performance he was destined for greatness.

Stumpy Tim

All round great deal. He's a class act and improved as the season went on. But for our needs we have plenty of cover, and if it means Bissouma stays then I'm very very happy. On top of that, if we can get a striker with some of the money, then even better

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Only winners in this deal.

Brighton got big money and to keep the best two (arguably three with Veltman) central defenders, Arsenal got a defender who is better than anything they've had for quite a few years, Ben White got a fat nice contract and a move to a sleeping giant where he would need to try hard to be any worse than their defenders in recent years.

As for Webster, I think he is the best defender in the squad. That injury could have been a blessing in disguise.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
It's a weird one for me as because of his career path and then Covid, only saw him live for one and a half games so barely felt as though he was our player at all.

Wish him well but sad....not really.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only winners in this deal.

Brighton got big money and to keep the best two (arguably three with Veltman) central defenders, Arsenal got a defender who is better than anything they've had for quite a few years, Ben White got a fat nice contract and a move to a sleeping giant where he would need to try hard to be any worse than their defenders in recent years.

As for Webster, I think he is the best defender in the squad. That injury could have been a blessing in disguise.
Not everyone, according to Arsenal fans - William Saliba has been insulted and disrespected by the club giving his* no.4 shirt to Ben White.

* William Saliba never played a single league match for the Arse. Yes ...... I know, but Arsenal fans seem really upset about it. :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not everyone, according to Arsenal fans - William Saliba has been insulted and disrespected by the club giving his* no.4 shirt to Ben White.

* William Saliba never played a single league match for the Arse. Yes ...... I know, but Arsenal fans seem really upset about it. :shrug:

Gordon Strachans yoghurt.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We will miss him . You tend to miss player of the seasons ( however strange that vote was )

Webster is capable. Still was guilty of stupid mistakes giving ball away but if he cuts that out then very solid player on our books

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I still think Arsenal need for a long time has been a dominant CB like Dunk.. Unlike White would also get a few goals This is fantastic business for club and great chance to get some quality in

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good move for Ben, good move for Arsenal & fantastic fee for Brighton. I am like a few others, we will miss Ben but we would have missed Webster or Dunk more. Biss is the one we will miss the most when he does leave. I think we got an excellent ammount for Ben.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not a penny going to Southampton.
Not a penny going to The Leeds Utd.

Money going to Newport and Peterborough for aiding his development.

£50m going to Unckie Tony.

The Carlsberg of transfer deals - tears of sadness

F*** off they're tears of joy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here