Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Getafe Friendly - Transferring tickets

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Maybe naively with all these new rules, I have bought a couple of tickets for friends on my account and simply forwarded the email tickets to them.

Was this not allowed and are they going to have problems getting in without me?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As long as they are named on the tickets, it should be fine.

It's always been possible to buy tickets for others without buying one for yourself at the same time.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Maybe naively with all these new rules, I have bought a couple of tickets for friends on my account and simply forwarded the email tickets to them.

Was this not allowed and are they going to have problems getting in without me?

Have they tried downloading the tickets on to their phones ? I can’t see that it would be a problem.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm trying to buy tickets for me and some mates (all ST holders) and wont let me check out as I need to enter additional information (phone numbers, emails, method of travel, and covid declaration) for them all for track and trace purposes, WTF is all that about. For the games last season the club sent that as an email. Surely I cant confirm a covid declaration for someone else?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
As long as they are named on the tickets, it should be fine.

It's always been possible to buy tickets for others without buying one for yourself at the same time.

They don't have an account so I bought the tickets in my name - added their details for the track and trace though.

I'm showing as the 'Owner' on both. Now wondering if this is going to be an issue.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Slightly off topic but I bought Getafe tickets as soon as they were realised having forgotten that my GF had bought tickets for the theatre that night.

So, in the interests of not causing too much fuss (knowing the season proper is soon upon us) I am as unable to go to the Getafe game.

Can I get a refund ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
They don't have an account so I bought the tickets in my name - added their details for the track and trace though.

I'm showing as the 'Owner' on both. Now wondering if this is going to be an issue.

If the ticketing system has allowed you to do it then it won't be an issue. You've entered their track and trace details correctly so all good.

The site says:

Screenshot 2021-07-30 at 14.15.32.png

Obviously 1 fan isn't going to sit in 6 seats!

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Isn’t it on general sale ? Can’t you just register their details for free and get the club to re-assign the tickets ?

I've emailed the club now to see if this is necessary. Would never have worried about it before but they do seem to be quite particular about this stuff now,

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
If the ticketing system has allowed you to do it then it won't be an issue. You've entered their track and trace details correctly so all good.

The site says:

View attachment 139108

Obviously 1 fan isn't going to sit in 6 seats!

This is what I thought?! It doesn't say they have to be registered

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
UPDATE - emailed the club and they have confirmed it doesn’t matter who the named owner is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here