Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
All this talk of ‘low valuation’ is ridiculous. He’s in the last year of his contract and they are paying £30m for a player who has never even played European football and is in his mid twenties. This is an excellent deal for us.

I’ve seen the ‘low valuation’ linked to lack of goals and assists on social media where people actually do it under their personal profiles. You may as well post ‘l’m financially illiterate’!

It’s all about contract length and his age. His top level quality should be unchallenged. His value to our club probably looks something like this:

Bissouma value (4 year contract left) = £65m
Bissouma value (3 year contract left) = £55m
Bissouma value (2 year contract left) = £45m
Bissouma value (1 year contract left) = £30m
Bissouma value (6 months contract left) = £15m

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’ve seen the ‘low valuation’ linked to lack of goals and assists on social media where people actually do it under their personal profiles. You may as well post ‘l’m financially illiterate’!

It’s all about contract length and his age. His top level quality should be unchallenged. His value to our club probably looks something like this:

Bissouma value (4 year contract left) = £65m
Bissouma value (3 year contract left) = £55m
Bissouma value (2 year contract left) = £45m
Bissouma value (1 year contract left) = £30m
Bissouma value (6 months contract left) = £15m

I think it’s called amortisation or some such thing. If only we had a dullard to explain it to us. :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I recon that when you have nightlife like this, how can you possibly miss out on such a move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAoGd6a0xYo

And for the benefit of [MENTION=12475]jcdenton08[/MENTION], The Leyton Buzzards morphed into Modern Romance, the band who gave us Ay Ay Ay Ay Zanussi, the tune celebrated on today's thread about a possible new singing.

Spooooooky!

Last edited:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
All this talk of ‘low valuation’ is ridiculous. He’s in the last year of his contract and they are paying £30m for a player who has never even played European football and is in his mid twenties. This is an excellent deal for us.

True, however, he’s bloody brilliant. Assuming he goes to Tottenham, they’re very lucky to have got him. He’s a steal @ 25 mill edit* or even £30m.

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Our most improved player in recent years to be sure (how much that may be down to Potter?) Happy to acknowledge I really didn't rate him at first and then poof he just bloomed quite suddenly into a top, top player. Not surprised he'll be playing Champions League football next season. Be interesting to see how he looks amongst and against better players. But on the other hand it's amazing to wonder, also, will we really miss him? Mwepu (if he can stay fit) and Caicedo also look absolute class, Caicedo especially. Amazing times for an Albion midfield, almost can't believe the quality in the stripes nowadays.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Spurs mate of mine doesn't see how he gets in ahead of Bentancur and Hojberg.

Interesting angle but I can't see Biss going anywhere to warm the bench. Would imagine assurances of playing time have been given.

Did he not see Biss and co rip the piss out of that midfield just a few weeks ago?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
It feel like he has gone far too cheaply and why Rottenham? Bit embarressing going there. I wonder if Rottenham uded his alleged nightclub incident to grab a bargain? How can that money possibly buy a replacement. Will the season start with more (value, quality) out than coming in?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So Brian Owen in his article says - The Argus understands the transfer fee involved would be "much higher" than the £25 million initially reported.

So is he quoting his source with the much higher? Usually his writing seems well informed and honest. If much higher means with add ons we're around the £35m mark then im happy. But I guess we'll never truly know what the fee was.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It feel like he has gone far too cheaply and why Rottenham? Bit embarressing going there. I wonder if Rottenham uded his alleged nightclub incident to grab a bargain? How can that money possibly buy a replacement. Will the season start with more (value, quality) out than coming in?

Enlightening post, ffs !

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

We already have his replacement in Caicedo.

Now we just need to sign Caicedo's replacement for when he's sold in two years :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, another one who, without the benefit of blue and white tinted specs, thinks that Spurs have got a steal.

Many Spurs, Arsenal and ManU fans think that's exactly why Spurs got him dirt cheap (in their view).

So Brian Owen in his article says - The Argus understands the transfer fee involved would be "much higher" than the £25 million initially reported.
So is he quoting his source with the much higher? Usually his writing seems well informed and honest. If much higher means with add ons we're around the £35m mark then im happy. But I guess we'll never truly know what the fee was.
If indeed it does turn out to be £35M and not £25M (or even £22.5M) I would be much happier.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its absolutely the way forward a sustainable model as used by Southampton for decades

Southampton, after selling all their star players have been flirting with relegation the last few seasons though.
Maybe I would prefer the Leicester or even Palace model for sustainability.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So, another one who, without the benefit of blue and white tinted specs, thinks that Spurs have got a steal.

In these circumstances a deal that's both good for Spurs and us can coexist. On a long contract Biss is a £50m player so anything below will be seen as discounted, but with 1 year remaining on his contract anything over £30m has to be seen as still decent for us. If its a fee above £30m and some add ons which a lot of credible journalists are saying it is then I feel thats a decent deal.

We've also got to remember that it has been partly our own decision to do it this way. We could have sold him last summer for more, but we've kept hold of him and had another year of his services resulting in a top 10 finish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here