Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Unless he goes abroad, Liverpool is the only side I can see coming in for him to replace Wijnaldum and there are probably better deals to be had on the continent.

Arsenal have signed Lokonga, Chelsea have a stable MF, United have signed Sancho and probably Varane and there are no signs of big names leaving just yet, City need to replace Aguero more than by a MF and Spurs can't really commit to big buys until they know what's going on with Kane.

That said, ahh Bissouma!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Unless he goes abroad, Liverpool is the only side I can see coming in for him to replace Wijnaldum and there are probably better deals to be had on the continent.

Arsenal have signed Lokonga, Chelsea have a stable MF, United have signed Sancho and probably Varane and there are no signs of big names leaving just yet, City need to replace Aguero more than by a MF and Spurs can't really commit to big buys until they know what's going on with Kane.

That said, ahh Bissouma!

Lots of noise about Liverpool trying to sign Saul Niguez from Atletico Madrid. Fingers crossed they do and we get to sing Bissouma for another season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It seems totally bizarre that Ben White gets signed by Arsenal and Bissouma stays.

I hope it works out like that, but weird as hell.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I second that. Bissouma is the engine room of the team. As good as Ben White is I would rather lose him than Biss

More than that, I would say that most of us had come to accept that Biss was now actually too good for us, whereas Ben was nearly up to the same standard as Webster and Dunk.

Quite extraordinary that Arsenal were biting our hand off for BW and not going all in for Biss.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

That said, ahh Bissouma!

Crazy, just crazy.

My apologies, but it seems that many on here hold Bissouma in far higher esteem than l do. One of our better players, yes probably, but walking straight into the midfield of one of the top four? then no not for me.

It's all about opinions though, thankfully.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Bissouma had a standout season and should have been PoTS, for sure. His work rate, tackling and positioning were superb and a remarkable development. Before that, I didn't really rate him (too sloppy with passes, too much wayward fancy dan shooting, seemed a bit lazy a la Pogba-lite). Be interesting to see how he is this season, if he stays of course.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Crazy, just crazy.

My apologies, but it seems that many on here hold Bissouma in far higher esteem than l do. One of our better players, yes probably, but walking straight into the midfield of one of the top four? then no not for me.

It's all about opinions though, thankfully.

Bissouma is the second best holding midfielder in the Prem after Kante. I’d have him all day long over the likes of Rice, Phillips and co.

As you say it’s all about opinions though.

Jul 25, 2021
I do rate Bissouma a lot but his Hollywood shooting really needs to stop. Can't remember the game but last season Bissouma was having a terrific match, and then out of nowhere blasted a shot from miles away, more or less hitting the corner flag. Potter subbed him straight afterwards and even mentioned his wild shooting in the post match interview.

So don't be surprised if Potter is looking to get rid. Quality player but extremely frustrating for a manger I'd imagine.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I do rate Bissouma a lot but his Hollywood shooting really needs to stop. Can't remember the game but last season Bissouma was having a terrific match, and then out of nowhere blasted a shot from miles away, more or less hitting the corner flag. Potter subbed him straight afterwards and even mentioned his wild shooting in the post match interview.

So don't be surprised if Potter is looking to get rid. Quality player but extremely frustrating for a manger I'd imagine.

Like Bissouma's shooting, that opinion is sooo wide of the mark - looking to get rid, indeed!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If he thinks he's destined for something better than us and is annoyed that no better club comes in for him, it could work in our favour - he'll be motivated to show them what he can do. But whether we want to extend his contract too far is open to question as his wages will become a problem, and the pathways for Moder, Caicedo etc will become more difficult. That said, Biss and The Computer sitting in front of Veltman, Dunk and Webster next season is quite a prospect.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I think his 1.2 shots per game is a very small issue compared to the quality. Shooting is a fairly small part of football.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I think his 1.2 shots per game is a very small issue compared to the quality. Shooting is a fairly small part of football.

I do largely agree with you, and I think he’s the best player to ever play for us in my lifetime at least (I’m 43). However, I can’t agree with your last sentence, as we all know, our poor shooting is a massive issue!

Jul 25, 2021

I don't think it's just the shooting which makes him frustrating for Potter. Sometimes he can just seem a bit brainless at times. That sending off against Newcastle is an example.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

One of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever read on this site! [emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here