Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Could be a very big day for RNLI donations

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
... following various commentators implying that migrants should be left to drown in the Channel rather than rescued.

If you feel it's worth giving a fiver to support a very worthwhile cause, and to let Farage and his acolytes know that your views on humanity differ from his, it's quite simple to do it with your phone.

From the RNLI website:

To donate £5 by SMS, text RNLI to 70300. The text will cost you the standard network message rate in addition to your £5 donation. The RNLI receives 100% of your £5 donation.

It would be fantastic to see donations reach record levels today.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
... following various commentators implying that migrants should be left to drown in the Channel rather than rescued.

If you feel it's worth giving a fiver to support a very worthwhile cause, and to let Farage and his acolytes know that your views on humanity differ from his, it's quite simple to do it with your phone.

From the RNLI website:

To donate £5 by SMS, text RNLI to 70300. The text will cost you the standard network message rate in addition to your £5 donation. The RNLI receives 100% of your £5 donation.

It would be fantastic to see donations reach record levels today.

Thanks for posting. Just done it and just about to tell my mates about this

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Cheers, they just got a fiver from me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Done. Convenient way to donate

They've got a good gift shop too. Might dig in my pocket some more

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Done

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don't forget to Gift Aid too (if you can), gives them an extra 25%

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really want to write something that will start the ball rolling this towards the bear pit.

I'm going to refrain and hope everyone who understands why this is relevant now does the same in order to keep it here.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Had similar when some woman started gobbing off about some of their funds going to help prevent drowning in Bangladesh. I signed up for the monthly donation after that.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I already do a monthly donation, as they're one of those charities you think; I've never needed to use them, I don't want to use them, but you never know! However anything to stick one to the cretins like Farage, so spent a load in the online shop.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I would love to be able to put Farage in a dinghy on a Cornish beach and watch it tip over as he disappears under the water in a rip tide and we all stand there waving goodbye from the shore.
But of course the RNLI would rush out there and save him as they do almost every day at this time of year.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I would love to be able to put Farage in a dinghy on a Cornish beach and watch it tip over as he disappears under the water in a rip tide and we all stand there waving goodbye from the shore.
But of course the RNLI would rush out there and save him as they do almost every day at this time of year.

Only if you called them!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And remember folks. This is not an opinion poll on migrants crossing the channel. It is support for a great organisation that has come under fire from some people for simply saving lives, regardless of race, creed or colour.

I'm glad to see this thread. It has really moved me.

I love you NSC.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

They would yes

And the **** Farage would still go on TV spouting his bile about migrant taxis

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Excellent cause, staffed by selfless individuals who voluntarily put their own lives at risk to save others.

If it upsets the kind of people who do little with their time apart from throw around epithets like "woke", "virtue-signalling" or "snowflake", then that's just gravy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here