Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Parking permits!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I live in the centre of Brighton so have a residents permit.
The catalytic converter just decided to go on my Golf so I'm picking up a new car on Saturday.
I filled a poxy form out online and was told I'd get a reply in 5-7 days.
Just spent an hour and half on hold to the council before getting cut off! [emoji2959]fuming!
Chances are I'll be getting a few parking fines before its sorted, surely I'll be within my rights to appeal them?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The catalytic converter just decided to go on my Golf so I'm picking up a new car on Saturday.
Just spent an hour and half on hold to the council before getting cut off! [emoji2959]fuming!
Chances are I'll be getting a few parking fines before its sorted, surely I'll be within my rights to appeal them?

Does the council have a Facebook or Twitter page, you'll normally get a quicker response :)

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing

Stick your old permit in the car with a copy of the email next to it. Keep all emails and proof you have called council

If you do get any PCN when you appeal you will have all the evidence to overturn the PCN

Hopefully the council will sort by then

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

So the Missus isn’t keen on slumping it in the van then

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Mobile call will have time and no recorded so you will have no trouble at all getting out of any fines for wrong car. Although Parking attendant will no doubt give you tickets.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We renewed ours on July 7th and it still hasn't come through. We've had 3 tickets since, and have appealed them all. For each appeal we got an email back saying there was a backlog and we would hear from them soon, Also tried phoning (they're only open 9-2 apparently) but after being in hold for 45 minutes, Mrs P gave up.

We've now put an A4 sized note in the windscreen saying "Stop ticketing this car - we've applied and paid for a permit" and since then have not had another ticket.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Is the parking permit office still open at Hove Town Hall? It's a depressing shit hole but I've usually sorted our permit there.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
If you want a bit of 'free' parking in North Laine they've suspended the parking restrictions on Pelham Street while they knock down the old college building. There's not loads of spaces but its worth a shot if you're stuck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here