Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Jay White

Banned
Jul 26, 2021
How will the club administer this and what'll happen to anyone that has bought tickets (STH in particular) that are not double jabbed? Will entry be 2 fold i.e. show your passport/driving licence id/ birth certificate AND c9vid passport? Will coming to football be more like taking a flight with all these checks? A friend of mine that works in foreign office for government but has contacts elsewhere says plans may be to bring this in at start of season because they may permit single jab for under 30's until October then need double jab.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So Chelsea are accepting a lateral flow test as will the Albion if they have any sense until October or want to start dishing out loads of refunds.

It is still completely insane that someone that can prove they don’t have covid via a test will be refused entry but someone jabbed but positive can happily spread it around 30k people unchecked even from October.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is this the right thread to find out how to still get in using someone else’s ticket when you can’t be bothered to get vaccinated?

^pulls up chair and waits*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The NHS app have a QR code to show covid status, and there is suggestion Premier League clubs will get access to that database to verify QR codes when scanned

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
So Chelsea are accepting a lateral flow test as will the Albion if they have any sense until October or want to start dishing out loads of refunds.

It is still completely insane that someone that can prove they don’t have covid via a test will be refused entry but someone jabbed but positive can happily spread it around 30k people unchecked even from October.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I assume you show the NHS app ( not the pingdemic one, the other one ) or have the paper alternative.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Is this the right thread to find out how to still get in using someone else’s ticket when you can’t be bothered to get vaccinated?

^pulls up chair and waits*

The poster has already tried a number of other threads

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I have just attended Latitude festival which was a government test event and i would imagine the process will be similar. You just show the NHS app at the gate - or screen shot the pass and show the picture. If you are not double vaccinated its pretty straightforward to upload your lateral test result on the day of the event in order to get a pass.

There were 40k attending the festival and didn't see it cause much of an issue.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The NHS app have a QR code to show covid status, and there is suggestion Premier League clubs will get access to that database to verify QR codes when scanned

Shouldn't that be data protected? What's the difference between football clubs and concerts, night clubs, restaurants, pubs and then onto busses and taxis.

Start of a slippery slope if so imo.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Anyone (other than Jay White probably) can download the NHS COVID Pass Verifier app to scan the barcodes for verification.

I have just done this on another phone and scanned my barcode. It just gives my name and says “valid”.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As a serious point to those who have been responsible enough to get vaccinated, I’d keep the NHS app up to date as it forces any untaken updates on you when you open it. 30,000 people updating an app over the Amex’s shit 4g isn’t going to be pretty.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
You have a friend :moo:

Screenshot_20210729-092709_Chrome.jpg

:moo:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shouldn't that be data protected? What's the difference between football clubs and concerts, night clubs, restaurants, pubs and then onto busses and taxis.

Start of a slippery slope if so imo.

It is protected, as it is your data on your phone. The QR code simply verifies if you've had your jabs.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I have just attended Latitude festival which was a government test event and i would imagine the process will be similar. You just show the NHS app at the gate - or screen shot the pass and show the picture. If you are not double vaccinated its pretty straightforward to upload your lateral test result on the day of the event in order to get a pass.

There were 40k attending the festival and didn't see it cause much of an issue.

Good to hear, thank you. Won’t stop the moaning minnies predicting the apocalypse though..

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I haven't a problem with any of the Covid passport stuff to show that you're double jabbed by having a unique QR code on your phone.

However I can't get my head around showing the result of a lateral flow test that you have self-administered.
Isn't this worthless, a bit like making yourself the examiner of your own driving test?

What could possibly go wrong?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I haven't a problem with any of the Covid passport stuff to show that you're double jabbed by having a unique QR code on your phone.

However I can't get my head around showing the result of a lateral flow test that you have self-administered.
Isn't this worthless, a bit like making yourself the examiner of your own driving test?

What could possibly go wrong?

While I do agree - and think LFT are pretty crap from our experience. It is only the same as not driving your car after 5 pints of beer or something else. Basically down to the majority of people being decent humans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here