Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Volunteering

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Greetings.

I'm looking for volunteers who would like to give up 3 hours of their week to help keep the Rose garden in Preston Park looking pristine.

Unfortunately due to lock down and restrictions on groups, the rose garden has suffered with lack of weeding and dead heading.

I'd like to get it back to looking superb again....hopefully with your help.

We meet at the Rockery chalet on Tuesday at 10am.....or slightly before. We collect tools and venture over to the rose garden and work to 1pm. However if you can only give part of the time or only come every other week, it would be so welcome.

If you have your own gloves, great. If you can bring your own hand tools, even better.

I'll be at the rockery chalet to have a chat and point you in the general direction.

Thank you

Andy

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can recommend doing this. I did it a couple of times before I moved out of Brighton. Good people and a chance to get outside and do good for Brighton in a lovely setting. Worth a few hours of anyone’s time :)

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I've passed this on to my Mum who already volunteers at a community garden. She said she will pass on to her friends, and may contact you herself.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Although not in Brighton, l'd jump on the number 17 and come down and help if l could, unfortunately l'm not as bendy as l used to be, and can't get down low enough now. Good luck with it though.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I've shared this request with some retired family members in Brighton, who volunteer already doing similar things. Fingers crossed you get the people you need because it's a fantastic place to wander through and forget life for a few minutes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone interested? School holidays are upon us, people furloughed? retired?

Too far for me, I'm sorry to say.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I too am looking for volunteers to get my garden weeded and hedged cut please. Tools are in the shed and if there are any problems, phone the Black Horse and ask for Wellesley. Many thanks.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
There's always one :tosser:

Normally I'd take offence but you are obviously lacking mentally, so I'll leave you to your flowers and manure shovelling.
download.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here