Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Dusty Hill

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Fxcety Fxck, Fxck.

First heard ZZ Top in 1976 when someone loaned my older brother Tejas, loved them ever since.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Oh no. Had a spate of watching them on YouTube only a couple of weeks ago. Can't believe it. Very sad.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Always counted ZZTop as a guilty pleasure. They did what they did so well.

Jul 7, 2003
Never sure how they got away with having the wonderful song Pearl necklace:lolol:

Saw them live up at Milton Keynes in 1991 supported by Bryan Adams. Oh how we cheered when it was announced Everything I Do had got to number one in the charts, a rock act at the top of the charts. Little did we know how long it would stay there.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My third favourite Dusty, after Springfield and Hare.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
RIP

Saw them once, headlining Donington Monsters of Rock festival on my 17th birthday.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Sad sad news .... gutted . ZZ Top have a unique unmistakable sound and appearance. As someone said , they do what they do so well. As in all bands the bassist is the anchor man holding it all together and driving it forward .
Dusty the quiet hero of the band .
I wonder that they can carry on although I see that someone had filled for him before.. When I felt down, a blast of their music would lift my spirits.
Dusty and ZZ Top , Thanks for all the pleasure you gave us..

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Always counted ZZTop as a guilty pleasure. They did what they did so well.

Well put. I was amazed to hear La Grange being played on R4 Today this morning, which is an iconic track. I prefer their earlier bluesy stuff, and am less keen on their deviation into what I call cock rock but, whatever you think of it, you have to recognise that there were some amazing tunes in there. Songsmiths.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Such sad news. Dusty was a great player who held down one of the tightest trios in rock and roll. ZZ Top are a great band for me. The early blues albums are brilliant, but with Eliminator they successfully made a fantastic mainstream that oozed class and style. An iconic band I was fortunate to see a few times and to hear Jesus Just left Chicago at Glastonbury on the last time I saw them was special.

RIP Dusty, thanks for the boogie!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here