Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Train tickets to Burnley

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
£130 return from Worthing seems a bit steep. Anyone found anything cheaper or shall I be booking Seagull Travel?

albionite

May 20, 2009
If you type in London to Burnley and break the tickets up you can get it slightly cheaper, kings cross to Burnley at 9:30 is £87, (so not much cheaper but will save you a few £)
I've not looked but in past have found stations along that line and bought several tickets.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£130 return from Worthing seems a bit steep. Anyone found anything cheaper or shall I be booking Seagull Travel?

I looked when the fixtures were announced and got it too about £100.

9 changes, specific trains and a right ball ache.

Last edited:

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Talking trains, there is a nine day closure affecting all trains via Horsham which includes Saturday 14 August. I think it’s Arundel to Three Bridges that’s closed.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
£109 I found when looking for tickets for my mates (I have rail staff travel so only £30 return for me), can get slightly cheaper on different routes. Up the East Coast seems to be cheapest, we're essentially doing a round trip of the country going up via Preston and returning via Leeds. Split ticketing didn't seem to be much help either which was frustrating.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Rail disruption expected as well according to most sites. Which is double frustrating as Burnley is one of the most fart arse mess around places to get to anyway.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I can't think of a game I'd want to travel to less. Burnley as a place and the football team are not worth the time or effort in my opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nine changes, NINE? Blimey, what time are you setting off! :eek:

Yeah 4 on the why up - 5 on the way back.

Naturally my thought process was:-

9 changes
£100
F*** that I'm driving.

We're a fookin third world country when it comes to transport.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can't think of a game I'd want to travel to less. Burnley as a place and the football team are not worth the time or effort in my opinion.

I'm going to watch our lot - it's a bonus if the town I have to go to is nice (don't see much of it anyway - park, watch game, get the **** out of Dodge asap basically), and don't really care about the oppo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Deffo.

Circumstances make it an ideal one to tick off.

I promised Jnr I'd take him to more away games when he's older, Covid has robbed him of that.
He's now 16 so he's almost missed his prime 'away days with Dad'.

First game of the season.
Plus work might get in the way of Watford. :cry:

He was so excited when I said I'd try and get us to Burnley.
Nobody has ever been as excited at the prospect of maybe going to Burnley, as he is.

He'll learn.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm going to watch our lot - it's a bonus if the town I have to go to is nice (don't see much of it anyway - park, watch game, get the **** out of Dodge asap basically), and don't really care about the oppo.

Can well understand it if we are playing in a town like Burnley, but what about some of the other longer away trips, to the Toon, or Leeds for instance, both fine cities for a night out, do you ever dwell for a night in places like that?

A heck of a long drive, there and back in a single day, unless you share the driving of course.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can well understand it if we are playing in a town like Burnley, but what about some of the other longer away trips, to the Toon, or Leeds for instance, both fine cities for a night out, do you ever dwell for a night in places like that?

A heck of a long drive, there and back in a single day, unless you share the driving of course.

Agree - as recently as we could I did overnighters with Junior in Leeds and Toon (flew to both as well so it was nice and relaxed in terms of travel). Also agree re the drive (probably go on my own this time) - ironically I'll stay in/near Burnley after the game and come back on Sunday (possibly via Devon as the Mrs will be there visiting relatives). Early trip Sunday morning will be a doddle and splits it up. Stayed in Boro the night before 'that' game - very glad we don't have to go there again :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Anyone requiring advice on how to get to Burnley using public transport could always contact Ashely Barnes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here