Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happy 70th Birthday Ray Kennedy

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
An inspirational man, who has suffered from Parkinson's disease for over half of his life, 37 years.

One of the saddest aspects of his story, despite him haven't a benefit game between Arsenal and Liverpool in 1991, he then had to sell his caps and medals in 1993 to pay further medical and care expenses. (As anyone with a parent or loved one in care, they certainly don't come cheap)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Real shame, a top, top quality player.

Bob Paisley, who knew a thing or two:

“Ray’s contribution to Liverpool’s achievements was enormous and his consistency remarkable. So much so, in fact, that on the rare occasions he missed a match, his absence was felt deeply, simply because he was a midfield powerhouse with tremendous vision and knowledge of the game…In my view he was one of Liverpool’s greatest players and probably the most underrated.”

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I remember reading that when he came down by train from the NE to Arsenal for his trial there, Arsenal had paid
for a 1st class train ticket, but he was so over-awed by the whole thing, he stood all the way.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
To be honest, with his health problems, I thought he had already died.

You were a brilliant player Ray. I was in the South Stand when you scored a cracking goal against us. Think the final score was 1-4

Happy birthday.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
An inspirational man, who has suffered from Parkinson's disease for over half of his life, 37 years.

One of the saddest aspects of his story, despite him haven't a benefit game between Arsenal and Liverpool in 1991, he then had to sell his caps and medals in 1993 to pay further medical and care expenses. (As anyone with a parent or loved one in care, they certainly don't come cheap)

A great player player was Big Ray.

League Championship & FA Cup Double winner in his first season in league football 1970/71, then when moving tfrom Arsenal to Liverpool, was converted from free scoring centre forward to an iconic midfield player.

Never really got the credit that he deserved in my opinion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very sad, bad enough getting shit like this if you are a regular person but for an elite sportsman even worse imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here