Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Joey Jordison

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whilst I was never a big fan of his band I’m very much aware of his talent and huge influence in the rock world. RIP

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Just woke up and saw this all over Reddit.

I'm not normally one to get emotional over the death of someone I didn't know but this hits hard. Slipknot had a huge influence on my youth. They opened the doors to a whole genre of music, like a gateway drug for metal music. And the drumming of Joey Jordison was a huge part of that.

So young too.

Time to go queue up a bunch of Slipknot tracks.

R.I.P Joey.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Just woke up and saw this all over Reddit.

I'm not normally one to get emotional over the death of someone I didn't know but this hits hard. Slipknot had a huge influence on my youth. They opened the doors to a whole genre of music, like a gateway drug for metal music. And the drumming of Joey Jordison was a huge part of that.

So young too.

Time to go queue up a bunch of Slipknot tracks.

R.I.P Joey.
I came to slipknot in a more circuitous route much later in life. His playing is absolutely central to everything that is great about the band. I find listening to him very therapeutic.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Not a huge Slipknot fan but part of their rise to fame and very well respected in the drumming community. As a big Metallica fan I recall how at Download 2004 he stood in for Lars Ulrich at very short notice and did a brilliant job. RIP

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not a huge Slipknot fan but part of their rise to fame and very well respected in the drumming community. As a big Metallica fan I recall how at Download 2004 he stood in for Lars Ulrich at very short notice and did a brilliant job. RIP

Good point. I forgot about Lars’ Scandinavian wobble. Joey had half a day to learn a full Metallica set. Dave Lombardo did a few tracks but Joey did the bulk of the show. Testament to his talent.

Jul 7, 2003

On Planet Rock this morning, Wyatt (a drummer himself) got quite emotional talking about Joey's passing and the Download set.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Incredibly talented drummer. Hearing him play for Metallica really elevated some of those tracks.

Slipknot were always a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, a few of their tracks are incredibly well written.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here