Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Reversing cameras

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
A mate of mine bought a new Nissan van with a reversing camera. "What's it like I asked him?" "Absolutely brilliant" he replied "I got a really good look at the 8 metre skip I reversed in to!" They are very good IMHO but no substitue for old fashioned observation and a bit of common sense. He is a w@nker though to be fair!:)

reversing a new van with a r/c into a skip...?? yep , he's a wanker alright.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I had one on a company van I used to use.
I found it very off putting and couldn't use it, I was taught to drive a long time ago and don't have the need for one.
Much easier to use my own judgement, it hasn't failed yet.

This one won’t be on my van…I’m actually more confident of parking vans than cars…partly because the van has already got a few knocks from other cars going into it ..front, back and side :moo:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This one won’t be on my van…I’m actually more confident of parking vans than cars…partly because the van has already got a few knocks from other cars going into it ..front, back and side :moo:

You sound like my wife, every time our car gets a knock I notice after she has used it, always other drivers never her :wink:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
My Mrs car has a reversing camera built in and sensors. Brilliant, use it all the time when parking as shows how close I really am as opposed to how close I think I am.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Wife's kashkai has a monitor that shows from above the car, the car and white parking lines etc, like there is a drone 6' above the car (there isn't cos I've looked!). I do not understand how this can work.
As an aside the other day she said she hadn't hit anything for years, I said what about the smashed wing mirror a couple of weeks ago, oh wing mirrors don't count!!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Why do you need a reversing camera or a proximity beeping device when a crunching or clonking sound tells you when you're back far enough?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here