Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Reversing cameras

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Has anyone any experience of using a ‘mirror’ that clips on to your existing rear view mirror alongside a camera on the back of your car …currently mulling the idea over ….

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
These new fangled gizmos make me want to swear but I expect that Mary Whitehouse mod will just beep beep beep beep the cusses out .

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
My new car has one built in and I can’t get used to it. Still go with the mirrors and one arm over the passenger seat

My dad used to elbow me in the face when I was younger as I always had the middle seat and had a habit of leaning forward.

I've become over reliant on a reversing camera since my last 2 cars came with them, I doubt I'd get another car without one.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I had one on a company van I used to use.
I found it very off putting and couldn't use it, I was taught to drive a long time ago and don't have the need for one.
Much easier to use my own judgement, it hasn't failed yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pretty essential on SUVS I think

Quite amusing to see drivers of the car behind a reversing vehicle getting concerned that the driver of the vehicle reversing is not looking behind him/her.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Has anyone any experience of using a ‘mirror’ that clips on to your existing rear view mirror alongside a camera on the back of your car …currently mulling the idea over ….

Having a van that have no rear windows they are god send when parking it tight spots, i swapped the head unit for one with any inbuilt camera screen.
As said above, could not be with it now, become too reliant on it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have one on the motorhome,essential on a vehicle that size, also have all round cameras on my car,reasonably useful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah, so your second home you brag about is a caravan?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well that’s no good …I’ve got this new Rolls Royce and the chauffeur is getting on a bit and I don’t want him running over anyone’s veg plot ..especially if he drives your way :moo:

I must say, I'm impressed you're OAP hedge trimming business is doing well, seeing you've got a RR and driver.
Is the driver, one of you're female customers.:moo:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
A mate of mine bought a new Nissan van with a reversing camera. "What's it like I asked him?" "Absolutely brilliant" he replied "I got a really good look at the 8 metre skip I reversed in to!" They are very good IMHO but no substitue for old fashioned observation and a bit of common sense. He is a w@nker though to be fair!:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here