Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617
    Members

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s Ohm, you Wally.
    There's clearly a measure of resistance on this thread.
    "To be honest, I was holding out just for Brighton really. This is where I wanted to be."
    - Bobby Zamora, Tuesday 4th August 2015
    "It does not matter what league you are in, the goalposts don't move."
    - Glenn Murray, Sunday 4th March 2018

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hart's shirt View Post
      There's clearly a measure of resistance on this thread.
      Nicely done
      The Clamp; the stink of excellence in a world gone tits up.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Acker79 View Post
      verb (used with object), per·se·cut·ed, per·se·cut·ing.
      to pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, especially because of religious or political beliefs, ethnic or racial origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
      to annoy or trouble persistently.

That doesn't sound like persecution to me. Sounds like one person has made a complaint. And can you honestly say you know for a fact that someone didn't make a nasty comment and that it is a complaint about bullying of a transphobic nature and not simple someone accidentally misgendering them?

From that article: "Ms Green said the posts were malicious and it was "not just the misgendering" issue.

Ms Green, the founder of the transgender rights charity Mermaids, said she had now withdrawn her complaint to the police.
      "

It would be quite the coincidence for this not to be the same Joshua Sutcliffe: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-53650010

"An investigation in December 2017 found he had "misgendered" the Oxford pupil which broke its policy on equality.

At the time, Mr Sutcliffe told the head teacher he did "not share your belief in the ideology of transgenderism" and later took legal action for constructive dismissal and discrimination.
      "

So your three examples of persecution of people for accidental misgendering involves one person making a complaint (without any independent proof that the complaint is simply about an accidental misgendering), and not really persecution.
      A complaint that was bigger than misgendering and was withdrawn
      A a one sided interview with someone who it turns out has an idealogical opposition to transgenderism, and unlikely to be 'accidentally' misgendering someone.

Quite. Seems very much like this 'persecution' for accidental misgendering isn't actually a big problem.
      After 156 posts that's probably end of thread
      Technocrat

2 Not allowed!
      It's all a load of bollocks really. What's the practical use for this? In 30 years I've only ever referred to colleagues by their first name, why do I need to know their gender?
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      It's all a load of bollocks really. What's the practical use for this? In 30 years I've only ever referred to colleagues by their first name, why do I need to know their gender?
      so they tell the world they have changed gender identity.
      The English know how to make the best of things. Their so-called muddling through is simply skill at dealing with the inevitable.
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dejavuatbtn View Post
      Do they get drunk, or do they just whine?
      Mostly they just bottle it when confronted.
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.

2 Not allowed!
      I'm just gonna call them by their name. And if they wanna be a she/her when they're obviously a he/him or vice versa I shall have to humour them, I suppose.

But if they want me to use these neopronoun bollocks and call themselves trees or ghouls or whatever they can go screw themselves.

0 Not allowed!
      I suppose we could all put our pronouns out there but I really don't see the point. If someone wants to be known as zie or zir, don't worry, they WILL tell you about it. It's like the old Vegan joke.
      Bringer of TRUTH JC Footy Genius's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Wise words, either wanting to get rid of them or grow a pair.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Also posted on the BBC Olympics coverage why is it so crap thread but also relevant here . Just shows how careful you have to be these days

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/28/tokyo...-15003365/amp/

Tokyo 2020: BBC commentators blasted for repeatedly misgendering first openly non-binary Olympian despite having pronouns highlighted on their skateboard

Alana uses they/them pronouns and was knocked out of the Women’s Street Skateboarding semi-finals, representing Team USA.

Despite wearing a ‘pronoun pin’ and having ‘they/them’ drawn on their skateboard, commentators Ed Leigh and Marc Churchill continued to refer to them as ‘she’ and ‘her’.