Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andrew Moran

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Andrew is another very good young player, for whom a pathway is likely to be mapped out already along the lines of

Last year = u18
This year u23
next year = lower league loan
year after = SPL or champ loan
year after = make or break with the first team

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Pushing youngsters too far, too fast, rarely a good recipe. I hope he isn't allowed anywhere near the first team for quite a while.

Sancho, Bellingham, Neville, Edwards?? all played for England as teenagers.. Surely, if they are good enough they are old enough. I’d give any of our youngsters a shot if they have the ability. White should have been a given a go a lot sooner, I think hughton missed a chance. Looking forward to seeing Ferguson, Moran, Emmerson, Offiah, Roberts, Richards etc etc knocking on the door of the first team soon.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The lad played against League 2 Sutton Utd just a week ago and acquitted himself well. I think he's the most exciting young player at the club outside of the matchday squad.

He's got the skills, he now needs to add a bit of bulk to his frame.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Andrew is another very good young player, for whom a pathway is likely to be mapped out already along the lines of

Last year = u18
This year u23
next year = lower league loan
year after = SPL or champ loan
year after = make or break with the first team

I think that process will be speeded up a bit - he's not a CB, who may need to bulk up a bit, but a midfielder. It's too early for the first team this year but it's certainly possible that he could make it next season and more than possible for the season after that.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think that process will be speeded up a bit - he's not a CB, who may need to bulk up a bit, but a midfielder. It's too early for the first team this year but it's certainly possible that he could make it next season and more than possible for the season after that.

I think it's more about developing them as people as well as players. Playing in League 2 did Ben White no harm, and progressing up the leagues. Moran appears to be as highly rated but I don't know that we want to be fast tracking a player. The loan system works well for all, so why not use it? I wouldn't be surprised if he spent the first half of the season here and then in January was sent out on loan if he's outdeveloped the u23 team and needs serious football.

Jimmy Grimble

How good can this lad get?

With Sarmiento out for the next couple of months, he might well get a chance to impress.
Really good, hopefully. We are one more attacking injury away from him being on the bench - if we’re not already at that point.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I imagine he'll go out on loan next season.

Both GP and RDZ seems to like him, which indicates that he is indeed very talented. Both also seems to agree that he isn't ready for it yet.

Very important to get that loan move right. If a player looks like they won't be PL level or if they're a bit younger, you can just take a punt and send them somewhere and hope for the best. Not the case here - is a diamond that needs to be properly polished.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I imagine he'll go out on loan next season.

Both GP and RDZ seems to like him, which indicates that he is indeed very talented. Both also seems to agree that he isn't ready for it yet.

Very important to get that loan move right. If a player looks like they won't be PL level or if they're a bit younger, you can just take a punt and send them somewhere and hope for the best. Not the case here - is a diamond that needs to be properly polished.
Moran played well for the Irish U21s on Sunday. I get the feeling that he is a bit of a slow burner - I think it could take 2-3, even 4 years to see what he is capable of.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
That's a wonderful piece of news. Whenever I've watched Andrew in the U-21s he's been extremely impressive.
I'm sure he'll be soon be appearing regularly on our first team bench.
Yet another fine Irish product.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here