Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andrew Moran

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When people have complaints about the last summer window they often miss to mention Andrew Moran & Zak Emmerson who, among others, look very promising.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Moran really looks like the real deal - I'm glad he's signed as there were, apparently, some other clubs sniffing round him.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Hugely encouraging to see the youngsters coming through. If you're good enough, you're something we want to envelope and help mature. Bit like me really :blush:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Don't follow the U18s, what position does he play?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He could be fast tracked into a loan for this season, he seems to be our next big prospect

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Long way to go but it looks like he’s got a chance

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Moran is a talented player (one of the many young Irish kids coming through at the moment). He made his League of Ireland debut at the age of 15 and has been tracked by the big clubs since. Like many other young players these days he chose to sign with a club that gave him what he considered to be the best opportunity to succeed rather than ending up one of a few hundred kids floundering around at some place like Chelsea. I have high hopes for him.

Pushing youngsters too far, too fast, rarely a good recipe. I hope he isn't allowed anywhere near the first team for quite a while.
He'll be in the U-23 squad this season

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
As a reminder of what he's capable of:

[TWEET]1367512652533145600[/TWEET]

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
As a reminder of what he's capable of:

Really annoys me when British commentators mispronounce Irish names - make the effort to find out the proper pronunciation

Its - Morr-an

Not - Mor-ran (that's the French pronunciation)

It comes from the Irish 'Ó Móráin' - the descendant of 'Mórán' meaning 'great' - 'Andrew from the family of the great one'

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really annoys me when British commentators mispronounce Irish names - make the effort to find out the proper pronunciation

Its - More-an

Not - Mor-ann

Understand this, but I've heard Dylan Moran pronounce his own surname the second way, so I get confused there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here