Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Could the Ashes in Australia be delayed by 12 months?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
New captain confirmed as Cummins, with Steve Smith named ‘vice’ (ie actual) captain.

Paine has announced he is taking an indefinite break, so will miss the whole Ashes series.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
New captain confirmed as Cummins, with Steve Smith named ‘vice’ (ie actual) captain.

Paine has announced he is taking an indefinite break, so will miss the whole Ashes series.

Shame Paine may be the best Aussie keeper but his batting is weak at Test Level.

From quotes Cummings is only captain in name, Smith will be making most of the on field decisions. Can't think of many quick bowlers who have been good Test captains.

I fear we will get a dicking (No Paine reference), Smith will be the difference between the two sides.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Shame Paine may be the best Aussie keeper but his batting is weak at Test Level.

From quotes Cummings is only captain in name, Smith will be making most of the on field decisions. Can't think of many quick bowlers who have been good Test captains.

I fear we will get a dicking (No Paine reference), Smith will be the difference between the two sides.

Can't think of many, Akram did a decent job I thought, and Shaun Pollock when he did it. Flintoff...not so much...:rolleyes:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Can a moderator edit the title to 'The Ashes' to cover the next couple of months with a more sensible thread title.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see rain is forecast for the first 3 days of next week's final warm-up game for England. I expect them to go into that 1st Test woefully under-cooked and for the whole thing to be over well inside 4 days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here