Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Could the Ashes in Australia be delayed by 12 months?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tim Paines next Ashes is likely delayed indefinitely

Sadly for England, this will make the Aussies stronger. Paine only held his spot as he was captain. Now they’ll make Cummins* skipper, and pick a better batsman / keeper than Paine.

* ceremonial role, only. Everyone can see that Steve Smith is still the actual captain.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Sadly for England, this will make the Aussies stronger. Paine only held his spot as he was captain. Now they’ll make Cummins* skipper, and pick a better batsman / keeper than Paine.

* ceremonial role, only. Everyone can see that Steve Smith is still the actual captain.
I thought it was Warner.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

Agreed, especially as they probably would have played him (as he was captain) even if he was lacking match fitness due to his injury.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yep this is bad news. Paine is shite and they might actually replace him with someone half decent. Although I'd love it to be Finch.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Paine still in the squad according to reports, but that could change. Agree this is actually a negative for England. His captaincy was often poor plus he was mediocre as a batsman and keeper.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Not convinced the Aussie selectors will see it the way we do (I agree, I think Paine should be replaced, especially if he's not 100% fit).

Especially given that the most likely replacement (Carey) is bang out of form with the bat so far this season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Perhaps they'll find a way to re-shape, to accommodate all-conquering Sussex batting hero, Travis Head.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I see Lord Botham has arrived in Aus.

Multi tasking ...

There in his role as pundit, head of the cricket dick pic rehabilitation group and (somewhat ridiculously) as trade envoy.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Jhye Richardson. The Australian pronunciation of Jay? God they are common.

Looking forward to seeing the shadow in action.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
2B39C3C6-42EC-48FB-9177-97B10764213F.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here