Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maupay

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Sky replayed the whole of the Newcastle away game yesterday. Apart from an incredible performance from Lamptey, what I really noticed was how good Maupay was. Holding it up well, great runs, goals, and always a real danger / irritant.

Hopefully that Maups will be back for the start of this season.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Sky replayed the whole of the Newcastle away game yesterday. Apart from an incredible performance from Lamptey, what I really noticed was how good Maupay was. Holding it up well, great runs, goals, and always a real danger / irritant.

For most of last season he did all of the above except the goals bit. I too hope his goal scoring mojo is on fire this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Team Maupay here, some goals pre season and he could be the striker that we need. Confidence was totally shot most of last season. Quality player imo

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

He's well and truly an Albion fave, now he's known as Maups :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At some point this season I hope to see Welbz on the right, Maupz on the left & a goal scorer through the middle.

Sure we'd have to be 3-0 down at that point, but it'll be a cracking last 85 minutes.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No problem with Maupay at all. He could be more clinical. But lots to like, especially his attitude and character.

He just needs some competition.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I saw a fair bit of the second half too and, yes, he was outstanding in that game. If he gets his head right, he'll have a really good season.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I hope he chooses to be more selfish this season. Stop doing so much donkey work for the team, which it doesn't really need, and start scoring the goals that it does.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
He’s a good player. But he’s not a natural finisher at this level - takes too many touches in the box and doesn’t strike the ball cleanly. He could be a good second striker in the ‘Baldock’ role if we can ever find ‘the one’ to play #9. I take issue with the suggestion he’s quick though - he’s not slow, but also not quick (at this level anyway).

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
However many goals he scores,the doom -merchants will see still be sounding-off

Why can't we all get behind every one of our players this season.
Of course some are going to have poor games and no doubt we will miss a few sitters, the odd stupid sending off and a mistake in defence and they should be called out, that is partly what a forum is for, but the hatred a vitriol of certain players was getting really stupid last season considering we played some of the best football I have ever seen from The Albion and we had a massive slice of bad luck too.
I am sure they must look at NSC, if so then we can do our bit.
I think I am asking far too much though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s a good player. But he’s not a natural finisher at this level - takes too many touches in the box and doesn’t strike the ball cleanly. He could be a good second striker in the ‘Baldock’ role if we can ever find ‘the one’ to play #9. I take issue with the suggestion he’s quick though - he’s not slow, but also not quick (at this level anyway).

With Lamptey and Kyle Walker a 10 for pace, I’d make Maupay an 8. He puts in so much work each game with that, not a lazy player saving it for a few breaks.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Now the death threat kiddie has been identified and punished, he might be a bit more focused in front of goal, plus he's got a year in the Prem under his belt now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here