Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] A259 closed both ways from Peacehaven

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I believe that there has been a nasty accident on the Coast Road and that all traffic
( Eastbound and Westbound) is being turned around. Reports are fatalities and that the road will be closed for a number of hours. Eastbound traffic being turned around at Seaview Ave ( just past Domino's).

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Had to go to Seaview avenue and saw a few ambulances at downlands avenue, didn't think the traffic was too bad once through that pain in the arse one way system in Rottingdean. Traffic was backed up from longhill to the pond

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Crash not accident.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
That stretch of road always seems dangerous to me with boy racers and some vans speeding . Feel sorry for anyone that lives in peacehaven and commutes daily .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Copied and pasted from Sussex Incidents

UPDATE 18:30 PEACEHAVEN A259 ROAD

Police said a car collided with a male pedestrian around 3.45pm in Peacehaven.

The male pedestrian sustained serious injuries and was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton for treatment.

Anyone who saw what happened is asked to contact the police either online at or by calling 101, quoting Operation Mastermind.

Update 18:20 from Sussex TW

A259 at Peacehaven east likely to remain closed for another 3 hours at least diversion via the A26, A27, Falmer road and Rottingdean in both directions

All Diversion Routes are heavily congested

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I was there just after it happened. An old lady had hit a man with her car at the pelican crossing. He looked in a bad way but was conscious so hopefully he’ll be ok.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here