Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunky's Testimonial Season?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Even allowing for Covid, which makes it already a year overdue, clearly not this season?

Hopefully the club have already started thinking about putting something in place for 2022/23, with the game being the main event?

Given his service to the club, it has to be a marquee game, having chaired Kerry and Michel's respective benefit season's whilst their games attracted suitable crowds, which gave both players a decent return, Dunk rightly deserves, a Juventus, Real, Barca or Bayern, preferably around this time next year, and I've no doubt he will give a significant portion of the proceeds to his chosen charity, so lets hope the wheels are already in motion?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Even allowing for Covid, which makes it already a year overdue, clearly not this season?

Hopefully the club have already started thinking about putting something in place for 2022/23, with the game being the main event?

Given his service to the club, it has to be a marquee game, having chaired Kerry and Michel's respective benefit season's whilst their games attracted suitable crowds, which gave both players a decent return, Dunk rightly deserves, a Juventus, Real, Barca or Bayern, preferably around this time next year, and I've no doubt he will give a significant portion of the proceeds to his chosen charity, so lets hope the wheels are already in motion?

I can't see why these clubs would give a sh1t, about a player from "lil ol Brighton" and his testimonial.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Don’t get me wrong, absolutely love Dunky, great servant to the club.

However I always find it a little galling when players who earn as much in a week as most earn in a year get testimonial money. (Unless of course 100% is given to charity then crack on)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Still waiting for Murray (arguably the most important Albion player of the Amex era) to be recognised tbf.

Dunk can wait til after that at very least.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don’t get me wrong, absolutely love Dunky, great servant to the club.

However I always find it a little galling when players who earn as much in a week as most earn in a year get testimonial money. (Unless of course 100% is given to charity then crack on)

When was the last one a professional player from the highest division in one of the top 5 leagues took all the money himself?

Testimonials are not what they were. Its not about the 10th year and its not about giving a bag of money to the player involved. Its just a chance for people to celebrate their hero and the money go to some charity.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I love a good testimonial, but not yet. When he's about 35 and about to jack it in then do it.

I'm positive it would be a charity affair and tbh it shouldn't need a Champs league club. If he's put in 15 years then Albion fans should really be attending whoever the opponents

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I don't believe a date has been set yet but the club have already sounded me out on the q.t about being Chairman when it does happen, which was a surprise but I'm happy to help if I can, obvs.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The club won’t want to give the proceeds of a 20/30k crowd to our captains nominated charity

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I don't believe a date has been set yet but the club have already sounded me out on the q.t about being Chairman when it does happen, which was a surprise but I'm happy to help if I can, obvs.

I’m sure you’ll do a good job. Good luck!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Fully appreciate everything Dunk has done for club but sorry think it is immoral for a PL player to earn anything from a testimonial game.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I heard they are going to build a 100ft-tall statue of him on the site of what was going to be IKEA in Lancing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here