Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Sporting authorities are a shambolic joke

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
We all know about FIFA and the cover-up shenanigans at the NFL. Russia, sorry, ROC, are 4th in the Olympics when they should be banned.

Baffles me how these things continue to happen in this day and age.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We all know about FIFA and the cover-up shenanigans at the NFL. Russia, sorry, ROC, are 4th in the Olympics when they should be banned.

Baffles me how these things continue to happen in this day and age.

Russia are banned. There's no Russian anthem nor flags and none of these medals will add to the country's cumulative total.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Russian Olympic authority were banned for state sponsored doping.
Individual sports people, who were shown to be clean, were able to compete without any affialition, as said, no flags or anthems.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Russia are banned. There's no Russian anthem nor flags and none of these medals will add to the country's cumulative total.

I think you know full well that the bloke is saying that if their athletes are participating and winning then the Russia isn't really banned.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The Russian Olympic authority were banned for state sponsored doping.
Individual sports people, who were shown to be clean, were able to compete without any affialition, as said, no flags or anthems.

The clue is in the name "Russian Olympic Committee"

They wear white, red and blue ... You can recognise the kits as Russian.

Does lack of flag or anthem provide a big enough deterrent for other nations not to carry out state wide doping? I don't think so

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think you know full well that the bloke is saying that if their athletes are participating and winning then the Russia isn't really banned.

Obviously, they're exploiting a loophole but why should athletes be banned due to past misdemeanours of the Russian authorities?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

Does lack of flag or anthem provide a big enough deterrent for other nations not to carry out state wide doping? I don't think so

Do you mind me asking who you posted as before acquiring this new account?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Obviously, they're exploiting a loophole but why should athletes be banned due to past misdemeanours of the Russian authorities?

Because otherwise there no effective way to sanction a governing body for mass doping violations

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's not ideal but it's a compromise so that clean Russian athletes can still compete.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

I’m with you, classic committee compromise, its bullshit

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I get your point but how else can you deter cheating?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

I agree, it’s a complete farce but I’m not sure if there’s a better solution - in other sports where there’s been doping ( eg cycling) they ban the offenders, not the innocent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you mind me asking who you posted as before acquiring this new account?

Good luck with getting an answer. It isn't Alfredmizen, anyway. Its typed far too carefully :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here