Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Redruth United FC left in a mess

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-57961112

Redruth football club vandalism damage put at 'tens of thousands' of pounds

Vandals have caused "devastating" damage to a football club's building and ground.

Redruth United Football Club in Cornwall released pictures showing the damage which it says will cost "tens of thousands" of pounds to repair.

A Just Giving campaign has so far raised more than £5,300 to repair the ground and building.

The club says it follows a traveller encampment on its ground at Clijah Croft and have reported it to police.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK6stiHTnW0

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very sad. I'm sure the entire view of NSC is that those responsible should be held to account.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
travellers really don’t help their reputation fo they. Absolute mindless idiots.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Very sad to see this. Clubs at this level pretty much have a hand to mouth existence so I hope they raise the funds for the repairs.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It seems that the police are always too scared to enforce the law where these ratbags are concerned - and the courts don't seem to want to help. Shame.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
There is nothing that winds me up more than the scum that "travel" round the country ****ing things up for local communities.

Ruining sports grounds, parks and other local amenities and leaving their shit everywhere.

The crime wave that follows them about as regularly as the hand wringing campaigners insisting that they are a persecuted minority.

Absolutely makes my blood boil.

Please send a small donation to Redruth to register your anger. :angry:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
It seems that the police are always too scared to enforce the law where these ratbags are concerned - and the courts don't seem to want to help. Shame.

That seems such a sweeping statement and if I were a law abiding citizen of the travelling community I'd take offence , there are good hard working people in the community but on the flip side there are some absolute monsters as in the community we like to think we belong too.

Now to back up your statement I used to travel on the Swansea to Cork ferry on a regular basis so you can imagine the amount of Irish travellers frequented the crossing .

The very first time I travelled back to Swansea from Cork there was a large group who basically for want of a better word ransacked the duty free shop , I mean blatant shop lifting , without a care in the world just stealing whatever they could over and over until 5 hours into the sailing the shop closed .

Now you as I did would imagine a police presence at Swansea to arrest them , I simply couldn't believe it that there were no police apart from the usual border patrol guys .

I just thought this must be a one off situation but I'd say in 100 sailings I witnessed the same behaviour 20 or so times , just incredible that the police seem not to want get involved at all .

To counter balance this a tad , I broke down in the middle of the night on a unlit stretch of road near Dingle in Ireland no mobile phones back then and no clue where a phone box would be , about a hour later with me just sat in the car a white van pulled up beside me , the panel door slid open and 3 guys jumped out and asked if I was OK, they towed me to their site and a hour later my car was fixed and off I went , they couldn't of been any nicer .

So whilst this damage is disgusting and heartbreaking for the club we see this sort of criminal damage every day by non travelling folk as well .

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Vandalism at Non-League Football Clubs is quite common according to reports on the Non League Matters Forum and they are not confined to the actions of travellers. A recent local example was at Buxted. Surely all such vandalism should condemned and not just focused of one set of people?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Very sad. I'm sure the entire view of NSC is that those responsible should be held to account.

Held to acoount, yes most certainly, but not put to the sword, or guillotined, in the way that some on here will demand.

We do still, supposedly, live in a civilised society, and the death sentenced has long since been aboloshed, thankfully.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That seems such a sweeping statement and if I were a law abiding citizen of the travelling community I'd take offence , there are good hard working people in the community but on the flip side there are some absolute monsters as in the community we like to think we belong too.

Now to back up your statement I used to travel on the Swansea to Cork ferry on a regular basis so you can imagine the amount of Irish travellers frequented the crossing .

The very first time I travelled back to Swansea from Cork there was a large group who basically for want of a better word ransacked the duty free shop , I mean blatant shop lifting , without a care in the world just stealing whatever they could over and over until 5 hours into the sailing the shop closed .

Now you as I did would imagine a police presence at Swansea to arrest them , I simply couldn't believe it that there were no police apart from the usual border patrol guys .

I just thought this must be a one off situation but I'd say in 100 sailings I witnessed the same behaviour 20 or so times , just incredible that the police seem not to want get involved at all .

To counter balance this a tad , I broke down in the middle of the night on a unlit stretch of road near Dingle in Ireland no mobile phones back then and no clue where a phone box would be , about a hour later with me just sat in the car a white van pulled up beside me , the panel door slid open and 3 guys jumped out and asked if I was OK, they towed me to their site and a hour later my car was fixed and off I went , they couldn't of been any nicer .

So whilst this damage is disgusting and heartbreaking for the club we see this sort of criminal damage every day by non travelling folk as well .
This thread is about traveller vandalism. Tieing it in with "all vandalism" isn't in any way relevant.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This thread is about traveller vandalism. Tieing it in with "all vandalism" isn't in any way relevant.

It isn't about traveller vandalism per se, it's about the damage done at Redruth United Football Club. Many people seem, probably with good cause, to assume that the damage was done by travellers, but no one has been charged with it yet, let alone convicted. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Travellers aren't the only vandals about.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It isn't about traveller vandalism per se, it's about the damage done at Redruth United Football Club. Many people seem, probably with good cause, to assume that the damage was done by travellers, but no one has been charged with it yet, let alone convicted. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.
That would be a typical scenario where travellers are commcerned, yes. And it has been stated that travellers had infested the site with an illegal camp.

Travellers aren't the only vandals about.
No, but they're pretty much the only vandals that don't get prosecuted.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Held to acoount, yes most certainly, but not put to the sword, or guillotined, in the way that some on here will demand.

We do still, supposedly, live in a civilised society, and the death sentenced has long since been aboloshed, thankfully.

Then the birch it is - bit of pain mixed with public humiliation just might work as a deterrent?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here