Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Advice - Season Ticket Sharing

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Sooo... I and my two Under 10 sons can't make the Everton game and my (Man City supporting) brother in law wants to take his 8 year old daughter who wants to be a Brighton fan, and perhaps his wife for their first taste of a live game.

Just so I understand correctly.... In order to do this do I have to pay 3x £20 to enable our tickets to be shared, they have to enrol as MyAlbion+ members (£18 U18 £28 adult), and then pay an upgrade fee from a kids ticket to adult for his wife?

Seems like a ball ache and lotta dosh, just to give her a casual first and maybe one off taste of football! Approx £170 (dependant on upgrade fee). Madness and surely we are going to miss out on attracting new fans on this basis?

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't forget that if they go a 2nd time on your tickets this season the cost is all paid ( except the child upgrade bit ).

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Don't forget that if they go a 2nd time on your tickets this season the cost is all paid ( except the child upgrade bit ).

Yep. I guess that's the issue, I think it's unlikely they'll go again as we can generally make most games.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yep. I guess that's the issue, I think it's unlikely they'll go again as we can generally make most games.

If they have never been before and are unlikely to go again then their best course of action would be to buy tickets for the one-off game they want to attend direct from the club although they would still require membership to do this.

As well as BHAFC I also buy tickets infrequently for Orient (just don't ask :facepalm: although they are a very welcoming club) and Cambridge Utd (several times a season). Both these clubs require me to be a registered member to enable me to buy tickets.

EDIT
Just read a couple of the posts above and I always believed you had to be a Albion+ member to buy tickets in any circumstance? Perhaps this isn't always the case? :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Just buy one-off tickets in that case. Might well be 'season ticket guest' tickets available before they go on full general sale as well.............................

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Just read a couple of the posts above and I always believed you had to be a Albion+ member to buy tickets in any circumstance? Perhaps this isn't always the case? :shrug:

You don't have to be an Albion+ member to buy tickets, but if you're not you are obliged to wait until the 'General Sale' window to open - which is last in the pecking order and depending on the opposition there may not be any or much choice left.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You don't have to be an Albion+ member to buy tickets, but if you're not you are obliged to wait until the 'General Sale' window to open - which is last in the pecking order and there may not be any or much choice left.

:thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Wonder how many more threads we're going to get about this in the run up to the start of the season?? It's the new "fixtures"

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wonder how many more threads we're going to get about this in the run up to the start of the season?? It's the new "fixtures"

It’s a combination of that plus the old “why do I have to pay the travel subsidy element of my ticket if I don’t use the travel?” threads (ie - ‘why can’t Tony Bloom pay for everything?’)

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m usually one to defend the club policy but OP is correct this is a mental one. You can just transfer tickets at almost all / most top clubs for any game without hassle like you always could here. Just handing the card or paper ticket over - so simple. I’m really hoping this £20 and albion plus member farce is quickly forgotten - as has been the case with some petty rules in the past. I really do, it’s simply stupid.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I’m usually one to defend the club policy but OP is correct this is a mental one. You can just transfer tickets at almost all / most top clubs for any game without hassle like you always could here. Just handing the card or paper ticket over - so simple. I’m really hoping this £20 and albion plus member farce is quickly forgotten - as has been the case with some petty rules in the past. I really do, it’s simply stupid.

Yep totally agree - far too much hassle and cost - stumping up £20 for ticket share and another £25 for being a member...........................

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

I can't see how they can scale it back now. I can see how it works if you have someone you regularly want to share the ticket with. However, for my use case of the "new" casual fan wanting to attend once or twice a year it really is cost prohibitive which I think will have an impact on actual bums on seats and long term potentially attracting new fans, but the club probably don't mind as they still get the season ticket money. Just seems quite short sighted as over the years I have shared my ticket for free or low cost, with several people who have then subsequently gone on to buy a season ticket.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sooo... I and my two Under 10 sons can't make the Everton game and my (Man City supporting) brother in law wants to take his 8 year old daughter who wants to be a Brighton fan, and perhaps his wife for their first taste of a live game.

Just so I understand correctly.... In order to do this do I have to pay 3x £20 to enable our tickets to be shared, they have to enrol as MyAlbion+ members (£18 U18 £28 adult), and then pay an upgrade fee from a kids ticket to adult for his wife?

Seems like a ball ache and lotta dosh, just to give her a casual first and maybe one off taste of football! Approx £170 (dependant on upgrade fee). Madness and surely we are going to miss out on attracting new fans on this basis?

Are you saying your mates wife should get to go on a kiddies ticket? Also, if they want to buy on general sale I'd suggest they'd end up paying more.

If they really want to go, charge them half the £60 plus their membership costs and the upgrade. £104 plus whatever the upgrade is. If they use your tickets for another game then it's only costing them £52 for each game plus the upgrade. That's all assuming you don't charge them the pro rata price of the ticket as well!!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can't see how they can scale it back now. I can see how it works if you have someone you regularly want to share the ticket with. However, for my use case of the "new" casual fan wanting to attend once or twice a year it really is cost prohibitive which I think will have an impact on actual bums on seats and long term potentially attracting new fans, but the club probably don't mind as they still get the season ticket money. Just seems quite short sighted as over the years I have shared my ticket for free or low cost, with several people who have then subsequently gone on to buy a season ticket.

Even at packed Amex EPL games, casual fans can simply buy one off tickets, on the day they open for sale.

I did this successfully on many occasions, until I had another bash at being a STH’er.

When I forgot about the sale date, you get a second bite of the cherry when many STH’ers pass their slot for a game back to the club:

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Surely the best option if it's a one-off is to wait for the seaso ticket holders guest option which comes before the open sale?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

I totally agree with you.

We’re either miles behind other clubs on technology or it’s a weird conscious decision by the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here