Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] speakers corner

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Once a place of debate and freedom of speech has now become violent. A Christian lady refugee from turkey who regularly attends speakers corner was attacked today, how sad the last bastion of freedom of speech has descended to this. A lovely park and it was a great afternoon trip. I hope the lady is ok.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What you are saying is that a Muslim has attacked a Christian lady at Speakers Corner.

So I'll speak for most of NSC.

This is an appalling thing to do. We all hope that this individual is caught and heavily punished (as well as any others who may have encouraged his actions).Society should not be soft on the actions of such people. We also hope the lady recovers and is able to continue as before.

And we also hope that the conversation doesn't turn into the usual binfest of subliminal race hate and conflict.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What you are saying is that a Muslim has attacked a Christian lady at Speakers Corner.

This is an appalling thing to do. We all hope that this individual is caught and heavily punished (as well as any others who may have encouraged his actions).Society should not be soft on the actions of such people. We also hope the lady recovers and is able to continue as before.

And we also hope that the conversation doesn't turn into the usual binfest of subliminal race hate and conflict.

That is how you end a thread.
Hopefully.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Once a place of debate and freedom of speech has now become violent. A Christian lady refugee from turkey who regularly attends speakers corner was attacked today, how sad the last bastion of freedom of speech has descended to this. A lovely park and it was a great afternoon trip. I hope the lady is ok.

Je suis Charlie.
Hoping the poor lady recovers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

The OP doesn’t mention the word Muslim at all.

That is perhaps you jumping to conclusions - an easy conclusion to jump to, but not necessarily true..

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Amazing how intolerant some people are of others views that don't agree with their own.

Glad we don't get that on here.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Amazing how intolerant some people are of others views that don't agree with their own.

Glad we don't get that on here.

To be honest, I felt pretty intolerant towards that woman in Trafalgar Square who made reference to hanging medical professionals on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here