Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Reclaiming Amy

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Was lucky enough to see her live 5 times. Concorde 2, Brixton (2), Shepherds Bush Empire and Camden.

Would have been 6 but gig at SBE was sadly cancelled when she was on her big alcohol fuelled downward spiral.

Excellent documentary. An incredible talent and a huge loss ...

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Each to their own, but I was never interested.

Seems to have been elevated to godlike status by some since killing herself, not sure why.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Sadly dying young and in certain circumstances around the '27ish club age' (Drake, Joplin, Morrison, Hendrix, Cobain, Jones, Johnson etc etc) instantly elevates the legend a few notches.

Talented, yes. Iconic, not for me Clive.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
NSC at it's best. :lolol:

"You might be interested in this documentary I enjoyed"
"She's an overrated junkie who's only popular cause she's dead"

Never change!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Dont get it myself.

Junkie.

I've no time for people who do drugs.

I don't know anyone that has never tried alcohol.
Alcohol was her problem and what killed her.
In trying to quit alcohol, she had become less tolerant and that was a major factor in why she died, she was trying to beat it and sadly it beat her.
Anyone who has ever got drunk on a frequent basis, i.e. most of us when we were in our late teens and early twenties, could have developed an alcohol dependency.

All the things we enjoy the most are about altering our state of mind, reading a book, watching a movie or listening to music. Going to watch Brighton is an escape for me, I get absorbed in the game and it is one of the few times my mind will stop thinking about all the shit going on in my life, the pre and post match conversations and what if's, or more rarely the reliving of a glorious moment, are all part of the addiction.

We all use something to change our state of mind and escape reality for a moment or two. Don't be too judgemental about what other people use and become addicted to, it could easily be you or someone that you care about that gets stuck with a bad decision.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I could think of many artists who imo are overrated but not Amy Winehouse, I she was the best vocalist this century

Overrated = Adele

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I could think of many artists who imo are overrated but not Amy Winehouse, I she was the best vocalist this century

Overrated = Adele

Obviously not her fault but Adele benefited massively from Amy's absence
A bland, jolly & completely unthreatening version

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here