Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Things we used to take on holiday (and still take/would never take again)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My dad insisted on taking a calor gas stove (borrowed from work) on those tortuous journeys to Devon. We’d stop in a lay-by often next to a mobile drinks van and brew up.

Years later I would always take a jumper to Spain just in case we had bad weather.

I still take my own mug and slippers wherever we go.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Travellers Cheques!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Those sachets of sugar, ketchup, coffee, long life milk, etc nicked from service stations.

A first aid pack

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dutch Gilders

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
My first holiday abroad was to Corfu.....I had in my hand luggage a quite substantial table top fan.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just the basics. Book an Easyjet flight for thruppence. Jump thru some pitiful hoops re c*nts attempting to bring the family fridge on board as hand luggage. Reckon we won't see those carefree days of cheapo travel again anytime soon

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Those ridiculous travel iron things.

I shall never forget a flight back to my office in the Middle East once, took a newbie out with me and had packed a full size/weight iron. He didn't believe that other countries might have such a technical novelty.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Depending on where I am going, I do still smuggle bottles of ale into the suitcases wrapped up in clothes.
I really enjoy a glass of ale and a cigar on the balcony in the early evening before going out.
Always get away with it and it stops me taking far too many clothes and shoes (as above)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here